R.I.P. George Grand aka Toasted Almond

I just found this out today (been having PC issues). I'm speechless. My condolences to family, and friends. :( :angel:

Geez I never heard that story, that was right after I joined AK and didn't know hardly anyone. I knew it was all going to a charity but...wow.

Done and done via PP. :thumbsup:

I remember reading the story of Tiffany and the rose way back when, brought tears. We never met face to face just correspondence and record sales, always a card at Christmas. Well I am sure he will meet Florence, but this world is a sadder place without them. George like my Dad was a real gentle-man and the hyphen is deliberate. Just don't mess with their loved ones. Could not find a proper card so I made one and sent it along also a memorial to GC in his name Requiescat in pace George

It is very sad to read of George's passing. He was a kind and thoughtful man who knew how well he was respected in this community. My thoughts and well wishes go to his family and a donation will be made in his memory to the Githens Center.

My very good friend has left.

Anyone who doubts that one person, a single human being, can make a difference in this world need only look to George Grand. Of the Jersey Grands.

Since Ernie's post about the Githens Center has scrolled off (page 4), a reminder that a great way to remember George is to make a contribution to the Githens Center. I made mine yesterday.

I'm sure that any amount would be appreciated by the Center and George's family.

Murray

George worked tirelessly for a decade, raising funds for the GC. I would like each of you, who, like me, have purchased records from George, to consider one more fundraising push, in George's memory. The Githens Center takes paypal, now, even if George didn't, so I have sent a donation to them, in George's memory. If we sent flowers, he'd be the first to thank us, and then chew us out a new one, pointing out that the GC could use the money, and rightly so. The family will receive notification of the donation in George's memory, so Teresa, George's widow, and Stephanie, their younger daughter, will get a bit of an idea just how far George's reach extended through the online world. George and Tiffany are joined together again, looking down on all of us. Let's give George a sendoff to remember. Be sure to include a message that your donation is in memory of George Grand.

http://www.githenscenter.org/donations/

...and click on Dkip to Donations. That will take you to paypal.

If you, like George, prefer to pay by more traditional means, here is the address:

Githens Center
(Burlington County Cerebral Palsy Association)
40 Cedar Street, Mount Holly, NJ 08060

Thanks Ernie, contribution to Githens Center made.

I only knew him as Toasted Almond here on AK and never really engaged in conversation that I recall, but always enjoyed his input as one of the "Stars of AK". I think we all have a handfull of 20 or so AK'ers whose opinions and input we tend to value...then there's the sea of people that probably have just as much to say, but don't say it as well or as often. Then there's those who make the Ignore List. Toasted Almond will always be remembered fondly by this girl. Thank you, Sir, for all of your contributions large and small to make AK and the world a better place.

So sorry to hear this. Not really familiar with him but seen a few of his posts around. It's a sad day when you lose one of your own whether you knew them or not. Thoughts and prayers for family and his many friends. RIP good sir.

Anyone who doubts that one person, a single human being, can make a difference in this world need only look to George Grand. Of the Jersey Grands.

I am struck by the staggering truth of that simple statement.

I grieve with you, my friend.

The Githens Center just received another donation in the name of George "Toasted Almond" Grand from one of his Audiokarma sisters. I urge you all to do similar.

I can't think of any words more heartfelt than this statement. In the early days of AK I wondered what had caused such an antipathy between you two; only in time did I realize just how close you were. TA was a kind man with a sharp wit and a rare soul, the best of the Jersey Grands.

I only knew him as Toasted Almond here on AK and never really engaged in conversation that I recall, but always enjoyed his input as one of the "Stars of AK". I think we all have a handfull of 20 or so AK'ers whose opinions and input we tend to value...then there's the sea of people that probably have just as much to say, but don't say it as well or as often. Then there's those who make the Ignore List. Toasted Almond will always be remembered fondly by this girl. Thank you, Sir, for all of your contributions large and small to make AK and the world a better place.

There are people like George who do make our world a better place. They do not do it by preaching at us but simply by the example they set and George set the bar pretty high.

Back
Top Bottom