DMV folks...Where you at?

madmonda

Any outstanding audio guys in the maryland, dc, virginia area? Somebody is beating me to the deals. Where u at? Lets get something going on down here like they do in the dallas area!

Any outstanding audio guys in the maryland, dc, virginia area? Somebody is beating me to the deals. Where u at? Lets get something going on down here like they do in the dallas area!
Joined recently and I'm a relative newbie but would love to connect with a broader group!

About twice a year there is a meet at one of two member's places in Maryland. Usually spring and fall, there isn't much going on in the frigid months. Quite a fair number of people in that region. I usually take a drive down myself, though its near on a 2 hour drive. There just ain't much going on in West Bugtussle.

Im out of Arlington VA. I'm brand new to the hifi world as recent as last week buying my first setup... A Pioneer SX 1050 and Technics 1500.

Welcome Joewee. I'm on Ft Belvoir. Best way to connect with the members around here is to attend the Spring and Fall fest as mentioned above.

Sterling here but spend a lot if time in Alexandria/Ft. Belvoir area. I work in belts ville so could possibly help with transporting small to medium gear if required...

Ha, SoCal transplant here living up that #fedguv teat. I'm on the red line near Grosvenor in Kensington, MD.

Was looking forward to Capital Audio Fest, but not sure I'm willing to swing $20. I'm down for a meet when they come up!

Jason

Johan here in Haymarket VA. New to the older hifi audio equipment, but I have acquired my fathers system. Between work, and a toddler at home I don't have much time to devote to this hobby, but I want to learn more. I am familiar with audio equipment from the 90's and now, so I am not a complete idiot to this stuff.

Vienna here also. Without enough time to work on the projects. If something gets hinky (or my kids kill something I sent with them to school) I can for now switch it out. Not for long tho.

Gotta be vigilant to get deals... I'm not a hoarder though so if it's not something truly special you're welcome to 'em :)

In fact I need to unload some speakers...

I wonder *IF* the northern VA guys might have a teeny get together, maybe meet someplace and visit some local audio shops? I have chairs n such for about 12 folks. My audio is split between super low distortion DB Systems electronics and KEF 104aB's (recapped this spring) and a Crown PSA2 (recapped this spring too) with JBL 4312's.
It would be a 2-3 hour get together, no food unless you bring yerself something. I do coffee and water, and if I don't drive, some vodka.

I wonder *IF* the northern VA guys might have a teeny get together, maybe meet someplace and visit some local audio shops? I have chairs n such for about 12 folks. My audio is split between super low distortion DB Systems electronics and KEF 104aB's (recapped this spring) and a Crown PSA2 (recapped this spring too) with JBL 4312's.
It would be a 2-3 hour get together, no food unless you bring yerself something. I do coffee and water, and if I don't drive, some vodka.
I am game especially during the winter months. I also have excess speakers - ;) I could bring some spare gear for any A/B as well as refreshments. I know Jeff from Command AV in Falls Church may be open to hosting a group given an opportunity to sell.....

Back
Top Bottom