Can't post, Can't Edit, Permissions, etc... Please use this thread

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
Security settings have been tweaked. I have deleted the multiple threads all dealing with issue so I can see only new issues since the settings were updated.

If you have an issue please post about it in this thread, so I can see them all in one place.

As issues arise, I can check your IP address and see what flag was tripped and then change that setting for all IP's.

tried to post in the happy birthday Star Trek thread in
Movies & Television
earlier and it told me I was forbidden. Tried again, same thing.
I came into
General Off Topic
section and posted in the answer a question with a question thread with no problem.
Went back to the Star Trek thread and posted just fine.

I noticed I did not receive a email when a conversation was replied to , I did check my settings and it was still set to receive emails .

I noticed I did not receive a email when a conversation was replied to , I did check my settings and it was still set to receive emails .

Me too...after the upgrade, no email notification , so I started looking around and found this thread....

Me too...after the upgrade, no email notification , so I started looking around and found this thread....

I will check your IP addresses against server error logs and see if that shows something or if this may be a email server issue.

Not sure if this is the right place, but I miss my latest thread (Speakers -> 'The anatomy of Akai PB70 loudspeakers').

Would one of you or both of you look at your conversations and tell me what time the last post was that you did not get a notification on?

I've sent two conversations yesterday, neither have been replied to, and should have received one conversation. I'm not sure if there is a problem with the conversation portion of the board.

Last conversation 11.05 pm and there was not a email notification this morning . Thanks for all your hard work .

Mine was conversation from "rufleruf" at 10:37 am PST on Sept 15th. Also I do not get email notification on Alerts when activity happens in watched or participating threads, like this one.

"slowpat" "W.ALLEN" - Looks like this isn't an issue with the forums but with some setting on the server side that still have our old IP address listed. I have notified the server company about this.

"slowpat" "W.ALLEN" - Looks like this isn't an issue with the forums but with some setting on the server side that still have our old IP address listed. I have notified the server company about this.
Thanks!

Maybe worth mentioning ...

Something I haven't seen before. Last couple sessions showed an old "new posts" list when I first fired up the site. Clicking "new posts" again refreshed it. Just now, I was showing one post from around 10pm last nite, with a bunch of older "not updated since my last visit" posts below that.

(and no, haven't cleared any local cache or anything special here. W8, latest Firefox, on a fairly recent AMD build if that matters)

Maybe worth mentioning ...

Something I haven't seen before. Last couple sessions showed an old "new posts" list when I first fired up the site. Clicking "new posts" again refreshed it. Just now, I was showing one post from around 10pm last nite, with a bunch of older "not updated since my last visit" posts below that.

(and no, haven't cleared any local cache or anything special here. W8, latest Firefox, on a fairly recent AMD build if that matters)

I am presently rebuilding the search index. So search results will change each time you run it, until it is done. It takes a long time with over 9 million posts.

9,000,000 posts on the board
9,000,000 posts
Index one post that's here on the board
8,999,999 posts on the board

8,999,999 posts on the board ...
8,999,999 posts
Index one post that's here on the board
8,999,998 posts on the board

:D

Long as you're in there, is there a switch allowing one to search for TOPICS posted by a specific user? All I see is POSTS. Maybe off topic, but maybe something that IF it could be done, would require yet another rebuild, so hey, golden opportunity ... or not.

Having fun yet? ;-}

Nope ... posts started by a specific user. Doesn't seem to be an option unless I'm missing something.

Go to advanced search , I believe that's what your looking for . Hit the more button in the search feature .

Back
Top Bottom