Recent content by 131east23

1. 131east23

Has anyone built their own component stand or shelving?

You might check this guy out... yes he's a friend of mine. https://vintagehifinut.com/audio-furniture/
  2. 131east23

cell phones at concerts, yay or nay?

The only reason I voted yes was because there is no way around it anymore. I go to the show knowing phones will be raised, people will record, people in front of me will stand and record, people will take pictures. I don't do any of this, but I can't enjoy if I am angry. So, if I really want to...
  3. 131east23

Am I Being Ureasonable?

I'm 62 and work as a field service tech, servicing and repairing generators. When I got into this the old timers, WWII veterans, Korean War veterans, ex-military were at retirement age and had a wealth of knowledge to share. These guys are all gone and now it's people like me who can still...
  4. 131east23

Am I Being Ureasonable?

I found a guy in Austin to go through my amplifier and his waiting list was four months also, but he called when he wanted me to bring it in. I brought it in and week later he was done, he even brought it to Houston free of charge since he was coming to town to see a concert. I tipped him 50...
  5. 131east23

New guy from Portland, OR USA

I lived in the Portland area for nine years and truly miss it. Welcome!
  6. 131east23

Sx 1250

Those are SX 1250's are really beautiful! My dad gifted me his. It's what I grew up with in the house. I did eventually sell it to someone here, made sure it had a good home to go to. Welcome.
  7. 131east23

Getting Old Sucks - Trying To Roll With The Punches

Yeah, getting old sucks but is better than the alternative with exceptions. I'm 62 and my dad's wife (my step mom of 22 years) passed in December after being bedridden for almost twelve years with a degenerative disease that made her lose her ability to use her muscles, yet for most of that...
  8. 131east23

Hello from central Texas

Welcome... cozy looking set up you got there.
  9. 131east23

Young folks will never know....

Making mix tapes was a social event...
  10. 131east23

Interesting Tinnitus situation

What speakers do you have at home?
  11. 131east23

Justin Bieber Sells Entire Song Catalog at 28 years old

At least he knows when it's time to move on.
  12. 131east23

How to setup a turntable properly

The best TT expert on these forums stopped posting in 2017 but left a huge trove of info. You can search threads started by 'hakaplan' and browse through those and see what that turns up; there are hundreds and hundreds of them, some very specific to specific TT models. Good luck!
  13. 131east23

RIP Will Hartley aka Porkloin.

My condolences. I'll be 62 this month, and yes, that is way too young these days. The knowledge on this site written by those that have left us is well regarded and appreciated.
  14. 131east23

What question hasn't been answered?

When someone like the OP sees this as a 'scam,' after a stupid 'question' like that, then never bothers to show up again I just use the ignore button and move on.
Back
Top Bottom