Recent content by 1MEGΩ

1. 1

Sx1980 filter caps

Got it, thanks for helping me locate one.
  2. 1

Sx1980 filter caps

This one on your Amazon link is a 15 amp thermal fuse. Shouldn't it be a 10 amp? My Pioneer schematic shows it as being a 10 amp thermal fuse. Is the schematic wrong?
  3. 1

Pioneer SX-1980 restoration

What I am saying is with your drawing it is impossible to know what base goes to what transistor and same with the collectors. There are 2 transistors and one is NPN and the other is PNP. In your drawing, there is no way to tell which is which. Anyway, the drawing is very confusing. LesE's...
  4. 1

Well now that is more like it. The other drawing is not correct. Thank you LesE
  5. 1

Yes, but looking at the transistors, why are the bases connected directly to the collectors? Makes no sense to me.
  6. 1

If you look at my post again, you can see that it was addressed to 'kevzep" not to you. Where did you find those heat sinks? I might try them.
  7. 1

Turning the volume up won't affect the temperature of the regulators. Very very little if any at all. Is there room for 2 more regulators on each heat sink? I am going to relocate all 6 of the power supply regulators in my SX-1980.
  8. 1

In your photos, are those heat sinks on the back panel?
  9. 1

Looking at your drawing of the perfboard layout. Doesn't make sense to me. Why are the transistors base and collectors connected together. And are those diodes or led's? What am i missing here? Is it possible to post a better schematic of this mod?
  10. 1

Pioneer SX-1980 recap and restoration thread!

mattsd, Apparently you have never looked at the schematic or the inside of a SX-1980, because had you looked, it is clear that C43 and C46 are identical caps. Both of those caps are CEANL. C43+ to pin 12 of PA1002A left channel out....C46+ to pin 5 of PA1002A right channel out!! Your list is...
  11. 1

I find that using these cap lists is too time consuming because there are too many mistakes. I will just have to compare the caps in the manual to the caps on the unit. For instance, on the tuner board cap list, C43 and C46 are identical caps but the list gives them different part numbers...
  12. 1

Do you have a list of caps for the AWE-093 tuner board?
  13. 1

Pioneer X-1980 restoration recap.

Mark, thank you sir!
  14. 1

mattsd, about the 22,000 @ 100 volts filter capacitors, which caps did you replace them with? Mouser has them but the only ones I see are 65X105 mm. I need the 76x105 mm caps which are 3 inch diameter.
  15. 1

Pioneer X-1980 restoration recap.

Yes I did a search in the Pioneer forum, din't find anything with a BOM.
Back
Top Bottom