try1256
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Tim, sorry for my delay. Well, sorry to hear that. I'm sure their sacrifice will be necessary to keep other ones alive. Sadly, I just sold mine last week, regrettably. I wasn't using them and I wanted them to go to someone who would use them and take care of them as I did. He was tickled to death to get them. If you still have the parts, I can pass his email along to you, if that's ok. Cheers.
    I found an old pic of mine, Tim, showing my Seven with a 500 tweeter mounted in. I posted it in your Seven thread, Check it out.

Charlie
    Oh Tim, just a tip, if you post a message here on your profile page, it will not notify me, and I will not know that you sent me a message, instead it notifies you because you posted it on your page and not mine. So, when you type me a message reply, click on my Big Tuna name, or click on the view conversation, then when you send it, I will know. Cheers!
    Ok, sounds great, Tim. Oh yes, I have a tip for the super tweeter spot on the cabinets. When I was playing around with mine, I found that the Pioneer HPM-500, 700, 900 graphite tweeter fit right in the Sevens super tweeter hole perfectly without modification, although, you have to bend down the wire terminals to clear the cutout. I found they liked the crossover of the Seven very well and sounded really good to my ears. So, find a pair of HPM-500/700/900 graphite tweeters to drop in them, until you can find some OEM super tweets. I'm sure that someday a set will pop up for grabs, and until then, you can enjoy them with the HPM tweeters. I'm looking around in my attic right now. I still have my HPM-500 tweeters around here somewhere, and if I can find them, I'll send them to you. Cheers!
    I agree, it is a shame to part them out. I tell you what. I am about to free up some space at my house so I can put them aside and they won't be in the way. I don't need to do anything right away. If the community garage sale goes well, I may have the spare $$ to get the drivers done and I may do that. In the mean time, the cabinets need a lot of work and that may be an nice relaxing project to do. Let's stay in touch. In the event I get the drivers rebuilt, I would still need to use substitute super tweeters as I only have one. Any suggestions there? Just so you know. If I restore them, they would probably still be up for sale. Low WAF. I just have to play this by ear and see how it turns out. Have a good weekend.
    Hi Tim, sorry for my delay. I've been busy with work. Oh no, I'm alright, just thinking about what to do, really. I really wished you were closer, because I would love to pick up them both, cabinets and all, because those are far too rare to just pick apart, IMHO. They should be kept intact and every resource possible exhausted to get them restored. I keep thinking in my head what two pairs together sound like, because my pair by themselves are absolutely stunning. I recently put my Sevens aside and have been running with my DS940's on my 2500. My friend Cody in Missouri wants my Sevens with a passion, as do several other AKers who are local to me. If Richard So can indeed fix those beautiful drivers, it would really be well worth it, beleive me.
    Hey Tim, that is really cool! You are a lucky fella finding a pair of those! I really hope you succeed in your trek to repair them. I'm sure that the folks that actually build drivers, can fix those rare beauties for you. I will check around here for you.
    Cheers, Charlie
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom