Recent content by 62vauxhall

1. 62vauxhall

Is this correct? Akai GXC-46D Cassette Deck

There is an excellent chance of there being 2SC458 transistors in a GXC-46D. Every Akai tape recorder I've owned has had them - cassette, open reel and 8 track. I recently did some work to a GXC-40D and there were four 2SC458 transistors inside. They can be identifed by their blackened legs...
  2. 62vauxhall

Strong Odor JVC SEA 80 Equalizer

Maybe the sellers gave the sliders a liberal dose of contact cleaner before boxing up and coincidentallly used the same stuff.
  3. 62vauxhall

Suggestions for an especially detailed power amp under $1000, new or used?

It's an integrated but this one is heavily detailed in my opinion. Image courtesy of HiFi Rose.
  4. 62vauxhall

Does this capacitor symbol have particular significance?

There are just two NP caps in this amplifier and I've already replaced one. Coincidentally, it is adjacent to the empty position in my photo. NP is printed on the board next to the NP cap. I cannot recal if that polarized electrolytic symbol was present in the board beneath it. The 2nd NP...
  5. 62vauxhall

Does this capacitor symbol have particular significance?

This symbol is silkscreened on the PC boards of a Sanyo power amplifier circa 1978/1980. Other than one non-polarized capacitor (so far) the capacitors in these positions are just bog standard, polarized electrolytics as far as I can tell. I do not recall seeing a capacitor symbol like this...
  6. 62vauxhall

"AM Stereo" - The Forgotten, but Perhaps Superior Medium

In the late 1960's, my teenage self bought a used Chrysler AM/FM tube receiver. It was a trade in at a shop I was prepared to buy a 12 watt Philips integrated amp from. Being bigger and a lot heavier, the Chrysler receiver seemed a much better deal. Much, much later I learned it was made by...
  7. 62vauxhall

Akai gx270D headphone jack

I have a few Akai cassette and 8 track recorders plus a couple of Teac and a Pioneer open reel decks. None of them have adjustable headphone level controls. There is one Akai 8 track deck that I own with 10 watt built in amplifiers for speakers. With that one, the record/playback level...
  8. 62vauxhall

Sanyo Plus P55 power amp has issue when using Speakers A

I fielded the question of subbing an Omron MY4-02-DC24 relay for a Takamisawa MAT4B 212R 24V relay at DIY Audio earlier today. Plus I was able to compare one of the Takamisawa originals to an Omron MY series I pulled form an open reel deck some years ago. Once the top row of 4 pins are...
  9. 62vauxhall

Sanyo Plus P55 power amp has issue when using Speakers A

I haven't paid attention to this thread since starting it 4 years ago. My out of town move occurred about 6 months later and I did haul some gear with me including that Sanyo P55. A lot has happened since that move but I have finally got round to, and I am quoting myself, "digging into the...
  10. 62vauxhall

Deoxit?

In 2017 I posted in an earlier De-Oxit thread: "Cans of electrical contact cleaner are refrigerant based. DeOxit is no different. It contains mineral oil, and so might CRC, I'm not familiar with it but I do use MG Chemicals and the lubricant theirs contain is silicone. I jumped on the DeOxit...
  11. 62vauxhall

Need a Pioneer RT-707 counter belt - HELP!

I obtained several belts and belt kits from Vintage Electronics over time including a counter belt for a Pioneer RT-707. https://www.vintage-electronics.net/pioneer-rt-707-belt-kit.aspx
  12. 62vauxhall

Wedding System In 100 year old Log building + long rambles about old gear

Another version of a Hoyt Axton song is this:
  13. 62vauxhall

Turntable Identification

No idea re the logo but the deck is a BSR 810 or 710. Photo courtesy of Canuck Audio Mart.
  14. 62vauxhall

Elac Miracord 50H Headshell Sled Contacts

Metal polish like Brasso - a small piece of very fine emery paper - scraping with an X-acto blade. I've used whatever method was handiest and they've all done the job.
Back
Top Bottom