Recent content by 80sKid

1. 80sKid

Connecticut Audio Society is open to all

The Connecticut Audio Society has been connecting audio and music lovers in the nutmeg state for many years now. In fact, we'll be celebrating our 35th year in 2018. We meet bi-monthly and have interesting presentations and occasional themed listening sessions. To find out more check out our...
  2. 80sKid

Carl Richard of Carl's Custom Loudspeakers (of CT) has passed

I know that a few AK members have had their speakers repaired or modded by Carl Richard of Carl's Custom Loudspeakers (of Enfield, Connecticut). So I thought that I should let everyone know that he recently passed away. He and I were friends and both board members of the Connecticut Audio...
  3. 80sKid

Unique & Distinctive Speakers

Gramophone from Swedish company Aesthesis Here's something I don't think has been posted here before.... Some $84,000 megaphones! :sigh: http://www.avguide.com/blog/aesthesis-gramophone-loudspeakers
  4. 80sKid

But then you'd have to assemble them yourself! :D
  5. 80sKid

Thanks for keeping it interesting Yamahalic, I'm glad that you continue to bring us cool speakers we won't see everyday. :yes: Your posting in June of the NuForce S-9 caught my eye because they look like something I could actually own, but still eye-catching and handsome.
  6. 80sKid

I hadn't visited this thread in a while. I just reviewed the last couple of month's postings and I have to say my favorite is the Pendulo with the suspended speaker spheres (posted by Yamahalic in April). They're actually something I would want to look at in my own home. What a great thread...
  7. 80sKid

Any Vintage Onkyo Owners?

That's the most inviting garage I've ever seen! 8-) On a personal note, my Onkyo A-8500 integrate amp is cutting out intermittently in one channel (and it doesn't go completely silent, but gets very very weak in output and loses bass). I don't use it all the time and the problem is at its...
  8. 80sKid

Here's a posting on a site called Audio Junkies, entitled 15 Sexy speakers. Many of them have already been shown in this discussion, but some of them are new to me... http://audiojunkies.com/forum/blog/4146-worlds-15-sexiest-speakers-put-your-girlfriend-shame.html
  9. 80sKid

New England AK Imbolc FrankFest February 12th in Clinton, MA

I expect to be in attendance and am looking forward to it. I don't hang out on AK as much as I used to. But I don't pass up opportunities to hear new gear (well, new to me!) and mingle with fellow audio nuts. :D
  10. 80sKid

these speakers play great!

The person who violated these speakers deserves a flogging.
  11. 80sKid

Is this a decent deal?

I suspect this "seller" is just trolling CL buyers for their own amusement... To see how many people fall all over themselves offering "bids" for these items.
  12. 80sKid

Omg..... Connecticut

Wow. I wish I saw this in time. Some of those ELITE pieces are desirable. At such auctions, do you typically get a chance to test out the gear during the "preview" period? Or can you merely visually inspect and have to go on faith that the stuff works? I'd be curious to know what the Caddy...
  13. 80sKid

Chiro amp

I would use the Chiro for your 3 front channels, because it's important that the power be equal on those channels. And I imagine you'll hear a noticeable sound improvement over the Denon's amps. (Denon AV receivers are great -- own one myself -- but they are 7 channel receivers, built with...
  14. 80sKid

Poor man's Heresy

I have heard a similar horn-equipped magnavox model (with an 8" woofer, I believe) and was impressed. They sounded better than any Heresy I have ever heard.
  15. 80sKid

ADS Speakers

I agree that the 1090 would be a great choice. I wouldn't go for the 1230. I have had them in my home for a few days and though they sounded awesome, they are way too big. I have heard smaller speakers sound just as good. And they didn't provide impressive bass for all that size either...
Back
Top Bottom