ab0ez
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Was reading your posts about the Pioneer SX-1500TD refurb.. I just got one, and it sounds ok. Need to do general cleanup. I also saw that there were some things you did to make it sound better. Is there a parts list that you found that has the parts that you replaced the originals with? Like what board part numbers, and which parts ie: R11 or C17 etc. In service manual most parts are outdated. Thank you!!
    Good Morning, I'm having fits trying to get a correct schematic and parts list for my bogen db130 series N107 ( later series ) 2x 5y3 ....can anyone help and give me directions where to find....trying to repair my deceased Dad's old hifi.... The sams I have gotten is incorrect..as are 2 other schematics....many thanx, Paul
    Hi,
    I have a barn fresh pair of W5Ms I want to use for my main system. I ran across your excellent "Another W5M" thread, and read every post eagerly anticipating the schematic and parts list so I could get started.

Alas, I can't find them. Am I missing something?

Beautiful bench work, BTW.

Thanks a lot,

Jim
    Jim,

I read through your restoration of the HF87 you did a couple years back. I am performing my first rebuild of a tube amp - HF87. I purchased a power supply kit and audio path parts from McShane. I have installed everything but found out that my power transformer may be defective.

Although the resistances of the coils checked out , I am not getting HV on the output leads and the 6.3VAC was more like 5.5VAC. I have not checked out the output transformers yet.

My question is, if I decide to purchase new transformers (both OPT and PWR) would you be able to help guide me on what would be comparable for drop in replacements?

I am running TUNG SOL EL34's, and TUNG SOL 6SN7GTBS. With guidance from McShane, I have built the improved schematic with a toroid heater supply for V1.

I have heard a bit about edcor and a company in MI called Heyboer who supposedly created the original transformers for Eico.

Thank you,
    Ethan
    Hello, I was reading your post in "Maggie 6v6 amp". I just picked up an 8701-00 at the goodwill. Really clean, no corrosion. I plugged it in and turned it on and a glorious glow appeared!! The changer would not work but I dropped the needle on an album and spun the platter. It produced very nice strong sound from either side of the console. Appears to be a good candidate to be made all that it can be. As far as what function each component of the amp performs I am clueless. My friend has a tube tester so I can test the tubes. However I do not want him working on it!!. From your post, it would appear that you have several Maggies and are very adept at restoring, upgrading and modding them. I sure could use some advice about how to make it be all that it can be. Oh Yea, What is the "death cap"? Hey, Thanks for any help you can send my way. Mike
    Dear sir,

I saw your information you posted for the amplifier Knight KN-940A . I just bought the same amplifier via ebay and I am looking for a schematic, any help is appreciated...this seems like a nice amp, but it needs some work to sound like it should be. SAMS index have only specs for KN-940 and I do not want to drop 15$ if I’m not sure if is god for the KN-940A. I already bought some equivalent Russian tube which is 6n2p-ev for 12AX7 ones and 6p14p for 6BQ5 ones. The 6ca4 rectifier I found on amazon for a decent price of 12$ for a new JJ one.
    Thank you in advance.
    Best regards,
    Lucian
    I had to remove the pictures because I was exceeding the amount of space I was allocated on the forum. I am on vacation in Idaho right now, but email me at ab0ez@comcast.net and I can give you some further information. BTW, I would not use these amps for guitar use. They are too hifi and will not provide the typical guitar crunch.

Jim
    Hi,
    I saw your information you posted for the Bogen DB 130 and wondered why the pictures or links you had posted were not there anymore?

I am looking for a schematic, though I have only just started, any help is appreciated...this seems like a nice amp, though I may make a guitar amp out of it, or to drive a leslie speaker system, lots of options!
    johnne in Everett, now in the Tri Cities for a spell
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom