Recent content by Airhead

1. A

Another Super High End Phono Stage! No expense spared...

Your link didn't work for me but Sachu is a really great guy to deal with, I would recommend getting it from him and maybe the power supply boards he does too. His advice and communication was first class when I built mine. The boards arrived very quickly from India to the UK and they are made...
  2. A

Got the CNC and OPS finished and working last night (late!). Properly wired to RCA connectors and all in a case. 12v AC wall wart no problems at all, as MKane said, quiet as a graveyard. I did seem to get a little more high range (pops and clicks came back a bit) changing to the OPS. I had felt...
  3. A

My wall warts are supposed to arrive tomorrow, I should take it easy now I've got the CNC working (try and do a proper job!). Your avatar caught my eye, wild guess at some sort of yamaha 2 stroke, possibly 350 pre ypvs? I've got a basket case TZR250 taking up yard space which I'll probably never...
  4. A

Going to one of answer my own questions now. I've been a bit upside down on the input loading so the problem I've been having is with the 62K resistor. Found out why the volume drops off when it's engaged, I've fitted a 61.9Ohm resistor which I ordered as an extra in case I wanted extra gain for...
  5. A

Hi,, thanks for the welcome. I ordered the terminal blocks last night but didn't have them in my first order as I couldn't find the pitch (which I think is 5mm from my measurements). I tried twisted insulated (stranded not solid) first time round and it seemed to be very effective as an aerial...
  6. A

Yes, midnight soldering! I had a few attempts with different co-ax but didn't have the sockets for the enclosure so some of my early joints broke because the wire is free floating. Typical of my style that I couldn't wait to hear it so had to cannibalise some leads etc. At my age I should have...
  7. A

It's a bit embarrassing considering the rest of projects on this page but I've just finished my first CNC. Well, I've got it working! The enclosure and connections are a work in progress. Loving the sound already. A picture tells a thousand words, so I'll try and post one. No real problems...
Back
Top Bottom