Recent content by AlleyKat

1. AlleyKat

Happy Birthday to AlleyKat

Thanks everyone!
  2. AlleyKat

The Recorded LIVE Playlist

Although it has already been mentioned several times, Waiting For Columbus by Little Feat has always been my favorite live recording. The combination of the excellent material and almost supernatural sound quality has kept it fresh and amazing. Recently, I picked up the Rad Gumbo Box set and...
  3. AlleyKat

The Recorded LIVE Playlist

According to the "search this thread" function, no one yet has listed 4 Way Street by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. It's always been a favorite here :yes:
  4. AlleyKat

MFSL in Good condition or Same in Mint Regular Album

Actually, I recently picked up the Rad Gumbo boxed CD set of all of Little Feat's Warner Bros. albums. The remastering of these is so excellent that every one is better than my vinyl copies. I haven't played any of the records since.
  5. AlleyKat

Opinions on Speakers

Everyone's ears are different. You must listen to any speaker you are considering before buying. As for me, I'd keep looking...
  6. AlleyKat

MFSL in Good condition or Same in Mint Regular Album

It really depends on the title. I have a MFSL copy of John Klemmer's Touch that is probably the best album for sound quality that I have. A friend gave me a sealed MFSL of Little Feat's Sailin' Shoes that is absolutely awful. Halfway through side 1, I pulled out my 40+ yr old, well played...
  7. AlleyKat

I hate deer. I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE deer!

We have been absolutely overrun by urban deer. Not a night goes by without 2 or 3 of them in my yard and they have lost any real fear of humans. I can get within 5 - 10 feet of them yelling and clapping and they just look at me. Needless to say, vegetable gardening, unless you want to feed...
  8. AlleyKat

Happy Birthday to TWantiques

Happy birthday, Terry!
  9. AlleyKat

I'm becoming a Genesis fan!

I totally agree. The Gabriel Genesis albums are among my all time favorites. Collins took them down the road to a pop sensibility. It's the same as I feel about Fleetwood Mac, the addition of Nicks and Buckingham killed off one of my favorite bands:sigh:.
  10. AlleyKat

What have you owned the longest?

It's almost a tie between my ADS/Braun L-710A speakers and my Technics SL-1300 turntable. The speakers were purchased in late 1973 and the turntable in early 1974.
  11. AlleyKat

Am I the only one that prefers older music?

Pandora is my best source for discovering new (and new to me) artists. Input some music you really like and let it suggest others.
  12. AlleyKat

I'm Hungry...What did You Eat Today?

Lunch consisted of leftovers from last night, tri-colored bowties in an asiago and sundried tomato cream sauce with toasted pine nuts, red & green onions, smoked turkey, and garlic bread.
  13. AlleyKat

Audiophile Automatics?

My first recommendation would be to work with the SL-1300 that you already have. I've owned one for more than 40 years. Once properly set up, it has remained in my system while many other turntables have come and gone. A few years ago, I finally got the turntable I had lusted after for many...
  14. AlleyKat

looking for a challenge? Help identifying these old speakers

Sound system pulled from a Yugo?
  15. AlleyKat

What record sounds the best on your system?

The sixth MFSL release and, IMHO, the best SQ that Mobile Fidelity ever released.
Back
Top Bottom