Recent content by ateal

1. ateal

Yamaha GT-2000 Turntable Social Group

Absolute no brainer, run to it and buy.
  2. ateal

Artsy photos of your gear

3. ateal

AudioKarma Member Bimasta Has Passed

Very sad news indeed. RIP Bima Stagg (Bimasta). Your many posts on this and other audio forums, clearly demonstrated you were a true gentleman and I for one am extremely grateful to have benefited from your contributions. Thoughts and prayers to his family for their (and our) loss.
  4. ateal

I have used the MLX before and it’s a very good cart. Detailed yet smooth. The MC202 is very special indeed and look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.
  5. ateal

So glad I switched back to the YA 39 as it allowed me to pair it with the ML170 and use the GT2000 far more than I have in the past year. Although the YSA 2 is a phenomenal arm, I have struggled to find a true standout synergy with any of the carts in my collection. Because of this I have been...
  6. ateal

@808_state I have an 9gr ortofon headshell, nothing fancy but it’s doing the job well. Yes, that guys amplification and speakers certainly get the best out of the GT 2000. It sounds phenomenal.
  7. ateal

This video motivated me to switch out the YSA 2 and put the YA 39 back on and reinstall my Audio Technica AT-ML170 moving magnet cart. It’s a very good tonearm :)
  8. ateal

I still rotate between the two. I’m now running the GT with the YSA 2 arm and a Shinon Boron Red cart. This combo gives great solid bass and very wide soundstage. I run the Oracle with the Audiomods arm and Spectral cartridge. This combo digs out more micro detail and reproduces jazz...
  9. ateal

Most Attractive Turntable?

Nice, I always enjoy your photo's of your turntables. They all look mint and the photography is high quality.
  10. ateal

My SP-10MKII in all its glory!

wow. That’s a beauty.
  11. ateal

What TT's do you folks have

Did you sell your SAM turntable? That was a very impressive looking table.
  12. ateal

External power supply (YOP-1) for Yamaha GT-2000

Yes, unfortunately it was something with the GT but I never found out what as I traded my YOP.
  13. ateal

Artsy photos of your gear

14. ateal

Most Attractive Turntable?

This may not be everyone’s cup of tea but it would be my end game turntable. The Kronos Sparta. If you’re very lucky you could pick a used one up for $12,000 without tonearm.
  15. ateal

I use one and found improvements in micro detail resolution. Imaging was also improved slightly. I recommend trying one and if you don't like it I'm sure you will be able sell very easily at almost the same price as you bought it for.
Back
Top Bottom