Recent content by Awesomeaudio

1. Awesomeaudio

PIONEER SX-1980 PRICE,

100%. The SX-1980 is more for bragging rights for having it, but a sheepish look if you get asked how much you paid for it. One recently sold on ebay for over $7K ! What the ??? How can anyone pay this much for something that WILL need the power supply redone at a cost of at least $2K...
  2. Awesomeaudio

If I Can Do It - You Can Do It! Veneering A PL-530 TT

Funny thing is, that people are paying the stupid money, so there seems hope if ever I decide to sell any of my stuff. I have noticed particularly ( because when you have one you tend to keep tabs) the price for the SX-1250 and SX1280. Prices for even the rubbish ones have exceeded the price I...
  3. Awesomeaudio

If I Can Do It - You Can Do It! Veneering A PL-530 TT

Thanks for that. Another Aussie on this site. Nice to see. I haven't been here in a while and just noticed your post. I can't believe how much the price for the PL-530 has gone up too. Prices are sky rocketing on almost all the vintage equipment I see so It would be a worthwhile project to...
  4. Awesomeaudio

Sx-1280 - replaced a few caps/cleaned switches now protection all the time

Wow !, What a baptism of fire that was.. Glad to see it all worked out in the end. There's some good information here for others to also learn from. Welcome to AK !
  5. Awesomeaudio

Luxman PD 277 Not Working

Hey guys, thanks for your replies. I was able to get the arm to cue in the meantime.. The gear wheel was gummed up a little and now it operates as it should but the motor still doesn't spin at this point. I had time to go over it and have checked the voltages you specified. Tranny voltages all...
  6. Awesomeaudio

So nobody knows anything about a PD-277 ??
  7. Awesomeaudio

Micro Switch is fine. I'm guessing there's an electronics issue that may be pcb related. I've checked the posts that supply the motor and getting silly readings. Practically zero volts on each terminal. How much voltage is supposed to feed the motor ?? Can anyone guide me on what voltages are...
  8. Awesomeaudio

I opened it back up and took some photos. I did notice an unusual quirk though by chance.. When I have the speed on either 33 or 45 and press " auto start" it activates only a black cam wheel and then nothing else happens. I have this part circled in red. I really don't know much about this...
  9. Awesomeaudio

Thanks for the thread, though it hits a brick wall pretty quick.
  10. Awesomeaudio

No. The arm doesn't respond.
  11. Awesomeaudio

Hi Gents, This TT belongs to a friend and i'm trying to help him fix it. The only thing that works is the strobe light. When cueing the auto start or manual mode, nothing. Motor is not seized and spins freely. I downloaded a schematic but it's not very good. Has anyone here have any repair...
  12. Awesomeaudio

Hello friend and thanks for your message. Congratulations on your retirement. My Orthofidelity...

Hello friend and thanks for your message. Congratulations on your retirement. My Orthofidelity Stereo 45, I still have, but is sadly buried among my many other stereo gear. I'll have to pull it out soon and have a crack at fixing whatever is wrong with it. Never got around to fixing it...
  13. Awesomeaudio

Pioneer SX-1980, AWR-154/155 power supply re-design

I just finished watching the video and I am very impressed. Rick, you are an amazing Engineer. :bowdown: Your board is all Class ! Well done. :thumbsup:
  14. Awesomeaudio

Akai GX-77 - One of the best looking reel to reel decks every made?

I Like the GX-77 actually. It certainly has it's place in the lineage of reel to reel machines of it's time. Akai made some nice reel to reel recorders. Style is very subjective, especially the more old school you are. I tend to like them all, both old style and newer. Welcome to AK by the way !
  15. Awesomeaudio

Fast Forward Akai 4000ds problem

Chances are the grease has hardened and the capstan struggles to get away. If the unit hasn't been exercised or serviced in recent times then yes this will happen. The rubber drive wheel will most likely be ok, just give it a clean also. Post up some pics when you have it open.
Back
Top Bottom