Recent content by Belvedere2

1. B

AR9 & AR90 recap research - GOOD GRIEF!

I upgraded my AR-90s ten yrs or so ago. Can't believe it's been that long. I didn't do the work but do know relatively what was done. All caps were replaced with film caps. He used Solen throughout except for Dayton for the largest caps in bass section. Resistors were replaced with Mills if I...
  2. B

Just bought a pair of AR3a’s

Sorry for the late response work decided to take up all my time. First time I heard AR was with some AR9s driven by a Pioneer 1280. Sounded fantastic and I've been a fan ever since. I eventually bought some AR90s and ran them with various receivers and separate amps. I also branched out to...
  3. B

Just bought a pair of AR3a’s

Fantastic. What are you going to use to drive em? They'll like high current amps.
  4. B

Speaker Placement and Cables

Cables not an issue. Do what you have to do to get em running. Issue I see is speaker placement. It looks just like many rooms I've dealt with; too much stuff to get good placement. Understandable of course. Usually involving our better half. Lol. I'd think the couch would be main listening...
  5. B

Speakers for series 20 gear.

Nice. Where'd you get the PA 5000? I have a 1000 on mine.
  6. B

Speakers for series 20 gear.

I use AR 10pi with mine currently. Used AR-90s in the past. I like AR. Wouldn't call them efficient speakers and I also use a M-22. I'd think your M-25 would run them great. More top end power I'd say. Mainly use mine at lower listening levels these days. If I feel like getting loud I just use...
  7. B

The BEST AR speakers?

AR9s are what started me on this path. Hard to find around here. I prefer not to ship. 10pi were impossible to find. Lucked out on that one.
  8. B

The BEST AR speakers?

Been a awhile since I wrote that. I've since found a set of 10pi. They've replaced my AR90s.
  9. B

In Search of... Pioneer PLC-590 Turntable.

I got mine by random luck. Member here had one and was gracious enough to contact me and let me buy it. If you become a Subscriber you can post a WTB ad. I've had success finding different gear. I looked for years with no luck. Still want a PA-5000 arm for it but my budget won't allow for such...
  10. B

Pioneer SA-9500 II Restore

Always wanted one of those. Gave a 6500 to my sister. Nice little integrated.
  11. B

Has anyone found a pair of speakers and said "I'm done"?

AR-10PI. Still love to hear some Altec Model 15 or 19. Other than that I just want to run my ARs on some class A Threshold monos. Not asking for much really.
  12. B

What's your Pioneer Holy Grail?

Just need to round out my Series 20 set and then I need an SX 1250. Then I'll be good. I swear.....
  13. B

Pioneer A-27 integrated amp

Would assume they just made it. Not sure about the plates in stainless. They pop up for sale occasionally but don't know how generic they are on arm fitment.
  14. B

Nice arm. I have the C-21 and M-22 combo. My 590 has the PA-1000 arm. Someday hope to find a PA-5000. Probably have to just bite the bullet and get one from Japan. If I can scrounge the cash.
  15. B

Well worth going thru. I have the separates in that series. What arm do you have on the 590?
Back
Top Bottom