Recent content by BetaMaster64

1. BetaMaster64

What TT's do you folks have

Currently have a Technics SL-D2 for my bedroom, Garrard LAB-80 MK II for the basement, and in storage, a Technics SL-Q200 and Pioneer PL-112D. I also have two BSR 200 BAX turntables that I'd like to toss out the window. Those things are nothing but trouble. I only bought them for the...
  2. BetaMaster64

Pics of your turntable set up

Because I'm limited to my bedroom, the setup is rather cluttered, but does the job well. All were garage sale/flea market/dumpster finds from 2013 to 2016. Technics SL-D2 Turntable, Audio-Technica LS-500 Cartridge, Hafler DH-220 amp, Hafler 110 Preamp, Sony SS-440 speakers. And then the...
  3. BetaMaster64

Hello from Pennsylvania!

Hello! I'm in Lancaster. I think Butler is quite a bit West from Lancaster.
  4. BetaMaster64

Replacing Hafler 220 amp and 110 preamp with a vintage amp

I was mainly looking for something that looks nicer and takes up less space. Others have pointed out that getting a receiver in place of the Haflers is a bad choice, so I'm going to just keep what I've got -- maybe reorganize the layout so that it's more efficient. I also wouldn't be using it...
  5. BetaMaster64

Hello from Pennsylvania!

Hello! I'm from Pennsylvania, as you can see from the title. I'm 19 years old, in college (on break right now, however), studying Computer Science. I work at a computer store, building/repairing computers. I've been into record collecting since I was 8 years old in 2006. My first record player...
  6. BetaMaster64

I appreciate the advice, guys! It looks like I'll be keeping the Hafler amp/preamp, and instead aim for better speakers. My main incentive for wanting something else was getting something that looked a bit nicer, but quality comes before visual appeal! I never usually go out of my way to buy...
  7. BetaMaster64

I've been thinking of buying a vintage amplifier using money from selling my Hafler 220 amp and 110 preamp. I found them at a flea market last year for $40. They've served me well for the time, but they do a lot more than what I use them for, which is mainly just a typical stereo setup...
Back
Top Bottom