Bigears
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Bigears,
    I'm Simone from Italy.
    I'm about to go and see a couple of Snell b minor on sunday for a possible purchase, but the people i will meet is the ex-gf of the owner - he is abroad - so i will receive no information from her.
    I'd like to check the side woofers.
    Could you please send me useful scan of documentations to learn how to remove side grills?
    Thanks a lot, best
    Simone
    Hey Bigears (I'm laughing as I feel like I am calling you a derogatory name), but thanks for any help. I was reading a post where you were helping a guy with a Bose Wave Radio. I have a Model AWRC1G pristine cosmetic condition, but it is DOA. Will not power on, not a peep or a light. I hear the transformers are typical issues. Any opinion here? Any pointers? Thanks! -Scootch
    Hi Bigears, in Australia, with sick Bose Wave Radio AWR1-A4 (c1996?).
    Screen faded to blank, 'pop'/static sound when power is disconnected.
    Transformer board sides pins showing OK Vs.
    Do u have schematics for the AWR1-A4, any common trouble shooting guides/tips?
    Loved the WR and would love to revive.
    Thx Les
    Hi Bigears,
    I'm Michele from Italy.
    I see that you have the Audiophile Voice review of Snell B Minor speakers.
    Can you send it to me a scan?
    Do you have the manual to know what is the real correct position of the woofers?
    Outside or inside?
    Any informations about these great speakers will be accepted!

Best regards,
    Michele
    Hi Bigears, could you possibly send me the transformer pinout and/or schematic for my Bose Wave Radio/CD, The fuse is good and voltage to the transformer, that's all I've done so far. Sorry for the request, very much appreciated. cmx83@aol.com
    Hi Bigears, you mention, that you got some ducumentation on Base wave music III. I got a wave music system III, which is dead. I would like to fix this. Your help by providing circuits would be very much apreciated.
    Thank you for your support, KarmaRick (whistler13@gmx.de)
    Hi Bigears.

I need to replace the output transistors of my MA5100.
    I read a thread where you replace the output transistors in a MC2100. I know it was a long time ago but I was wondering is you have 4 Motorola 32-070??
    Thanks!!
    Charlie
    Hello Bigears,

Dirtman here. I was going through some post regarding the Sony str-6800sd and saw that you had a parts unit. This was a while back but I was wondering if you still have it. I am in need of the outer bass/treble knob. The only flaw on mine. If so, would you be willing to part with one?

Thanks!

Brett
    Hello bigears, was searching for a belt to fix my suckface lux and found this thread...do you still have a source for those belts??? I've gotten myne out and before long, I'll forget how to put it back together if I don't get a belt soon. Please help, Steve!!!
    Hi Denny, I ended up fixing the power supply board on my A-27 and once it was up and running, I recapped the board as well, many of the caps were swelled and because the board runs very hot, IMHO, it is a requirement to change the caps before you put this unit into regular service. With that work done and the DC and bias set to spec, it is a very nice sounding amp with good headroom and fairly accurate sonics. The flat amp in the A-27 adds some slight coloration as compared to the C-21/M-25 combo, but you can bypass the tone amp, which probably makes it very close. I have been using my A-27 constantly since I repaired it without issue. I plan to recap the entire unit and make a few minor internal modifications. The series 20 Pioneer gear is highly collectable and really a step or two above the SPEC gear or even the Elite amps/preamps. The difficult part is getting a service manual, which I still don't have.

Good luck and let me know if you close the deal.

Steve
    I was wondering if you are still using your A-27 or have done any more work on it? It looks like I will be purchasing an A-27 from another Aker. It's not exactly a cheap purchase but have been on the lookout for one for quite a while. Most of the ones I have seen on Ebay have been pretty rough or not working with issues.

How do you think it compares to your C-21/M-25?

Denny
    Hi Big Ears

i am trying to track you down for a couple of parts for my Sansui 8700...please write back and let me know that you are around and if you have a few of the rectangular faced push-buttons ( I think the unit came with 14 or 15 of them?)
    thanks

Howard aka MoeLoogham
    Congrats...the SR-2004 is a monster in every sense of the word. Mine was in bad shape internally...had to redo the amp boards. I'd suggest checking the bias and going from there. I replaced all the driver transistors, a few zeners and the output transistors. Also check the DC offset. If that is off, you will need to change out the driver transistors, but this is cheap and an easy way to put the amps back into spec. Good luck!
    Hey, I noticed you have a SR2004, was reading a post you where in. I have a SR2004 I picked up--could use info on setting it up. I notice the right heaksink bank gets warm relatively quick while the left side is still cool. This is after about 8-10 mins of operation at low volume. I have powered it up only twice as a result awaiting check-up. I figure I should check the DC Bias first.

Any help would be great!

PS: I had a nice mahogany top made for it--really nice looking.
    kenreau, my R-861 is long gone. Nice receiver but it struggled to make some of my favorite speakers come alive. Seems like 150 wpc minimum or it won't make the cut around here. I have so much gear I decided to sell off what never made it into the rotation. Kyocera is a favorite of mine. I may have a scan of the owner's manual on my home computer. I'll take a look and send it to you if I do have it.
    rmeade, sorry, never found a complete SA-7150 owner's manual. I may have two pages from it that describe the features. I have to look. I would like one, I still have two of these monsters.
    Hello Bigears,

I just picked up a Kyocera R 861 from a friend and was doing a general search where your post came up. Do you still have your unit? Looking at your photo, mine appears to be an earlier version without the fancey red emblem. Plus it has Mosfet power stamped on the face.

Anyway, curious how its worked out. Did you happen to locate the service manual? Or owners manual?

Thanks
    Kenreau@yahoo.com
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom