Recent content by BillWojo

1. BillWojo

Victor (JVC) UA-7082 long tonearm placement

I have a small collection of tonearms including the JVC arms in this discussion and the build quality and feature set of the JVC arms is second to none. The bushing material used in the coupler for the tonearm stub feels like normal rubber that one might find used for grommets and such, not...
  2. BillWojo

Counterweight shaft sag....

I still like these arms I just don’t have much access to the machinery necessary to build the mold to make them. BillWojo
  3. BillWojo

Death of CDs and Small Music Groups

Free CD’s from local bands? All my local blues bands get 15 bucks for a CD and I gladly pay the price. Can’t imagine not having a CD player! BillWojo
  4. BillWojo

Denon Dl-301II and 103

SUT and tubes, sounds great! BillWojo
  5. BillWojo

Lokerola’s Pioneer PL-41 restoration

On my Pl-41D the bronze bearings were honed to size and the clearance was very small, much less than 0.001 so you might not even see the debris that causing it to hang up. BillWojo
  6. BillWojo

That dimple is most likely from when the cap was machined. Drill a little deeper and than face the bottom flat leaving a bit in the middle. The dimple in the disc is from running it with a disintegrated plastic bearing. No mystery to these tables, as basic as you get but the build quality is...
  7. BillWojo

Cap, steel spacer disc and than the Delrin bearing pad. Don’t run the spindle shaft against the steel spacer disc, it will damage the spindle. BillWojo
  8. BillWojo

Victor TT coming together

Glad you’re enjoying that setup. Most folks that have never messed with one of these JVC tables can’t appreciate just how good the JVC turntable system was. Several really high end motor drives to choose from, a choice of a 10 or 12 inch tonearms along with 3 plinths versions let you choose 1,2...
  9. BillWojo

This man is infected, multiple arm boards already on standby! I like the way you think. BillWojo
  10. BillWojo

RCA Broadcast Idler Turntable Restoration

Silicone test lead wire with a high strand count is very limp. Also look at RC car places, they sell it in all sorts of gauges. Adnick had an issue similar to yours, was working on his Russco and after that it was noisy, turns out the wires were touching the plinth. BillWojo
  11. BillWojo

I have a TT71 motor drive in a Victor CL2P plinth. Machined nice new arm boards out of aluminum plate and they accept aluminum or what ever material you choose inserts for quickly swapping out arms. Very black background, I think Victor knew a few things when they designed this system, various...
  12. BillWojo

... new plinth made for my JVC QL-A7...

@detractus, I really like what you did to your two QL-A7 tables. A QL-A7 was my introduction to JVC Victor and it lead me to building a two arm Victor table using a TT71 motor unit. I used a CL2P plinth and machined custom armboards out of 6061 aluminum plate. Pics are on the JVC QL-?? owners...
  13. BillWojo

Who is familiar with Victor 7045 & 7082 tonearms..?

Looking at your pictures there isn't an issue with the rubber bushing at all. The other nice feature is the tonearm rest and lock. Every tonearm should have that design. BillWojo
Back
Top Bottom