Recent content by bktheking

1. bktheking

Mitsubishi LT-20 Linear tracking Videos and cartridge mounting question

Just repaired one of these, auto return wouldn't work. Ended up the auto return bulb was fried as well as the photocell for it. I ended up having a box of electronics that had brand new photocells the same as these. Replaced, auto return works now. These tables are a pain in the ass lol.
  2. bktheking

Happy Birthday bktheking!

Wow thanks folks! 48 now and climbing lol.
  3. bktheking

4400 Scope Horizontal only

Don't just check the 2sk's, also check the to220's the sk's are connected to, they blow.
  4. bktheking

Headshells for SME 3009 (mki I believe)

I took a screen cap and attached the files. If the wires are good, just replace the collar and be done with it, that's all i would do in all honesty. If you have a soldering iron and a steady hand you could do this yourself- you already know the wires are good as they work now.
  5. bktheking

The arm in question since people can't see it in the link. To me this seems pretty straightforward, remove the arm- remove the 4 pin end connector and solder the wires back onto the new collar which would have the missing 4 pin plastic connector. If this is wrong then i'm missing the mark.
  6. bktheking

Todays 100.00 Tannoy Find

You're gonna love em, they are my primary speakers and have been for like 10 years. I too once found a pair in custom cabs for $100, an ak'r has them , i redid the foams and they were just as good as the ones I have. Sometimes steals pop up, you lucked out.
  7. bktheking

I run the 3 hole technics headshell on two carts without issue with the standard weight, I run a sl1200 with a sme3009 so it's a good mix of technics and sme. Yours is a SME 3009 series 2 unimproved same as mine.
  8. bktheking

Damaged Marantz Model 500 power amplifier

Ah, fedex can't pack shit in an outhouse, ask me how I know-experience. They will cover the claim, i've gone through this.
  9. bktheking

Some Empire Turntable History

598/698 owner here.
  10. bktheking

Start caps go bad as well and are known to go bad on empires if the motor is suddenly "dead".
  11. bktheking

I found a motor in 30 seconds on ebay , ebay seller is in Canada. Legend or not, he needs to look harder, 3 years is a long time to wait for a repair. These aren't rare tables, motors are plentiful. No affiliation, seller is audio*parts.
  12. bktheking

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

OOOhhh can I join?
  13. bktheking

Empire 598 restoration

I'm getting my 598 mkiii back this weekend, I gave it to my father in law 5 years ago and found out a couple of weeks ago he hasn't got the heart to tell me he doesn't like it. I was stunned when I heard it but get it- he wants fully automatic. I'll be giving him a Braun p1 in exchange, welcome...
  14. bktheking

Marantz 2500, FM output seems low, scope not showing tuning and multipath correctly

Check power supply voltages as a starting point.
  15. bktheking

Luxman rx103 tuning issue

One dead IC and crystal replaced, ladies and gentleman I now have a working remote!
Back
Top Bottom