Recent content by BlainD

1. B

KA-9100 bridge question

It's quite possible I am confused. If he didn't bridge his amp, that would explain why I don't see where he took the pre-amped signal. As for getting a different amp... This one I got cheap and doubt I could get a decent price selling it. I simple don't use any of the switches, just volume...
  2. B

KA-9100 bridge question

Hello! I want to bridge my KA-9100 to By pass the controls and switches. I have serval reasons: trouble switches, performance, personal taste. I currently have the front off and it is sitting on my "bench". I found this thread that identifies the output and feedback caps at c7 to c10...
  3. B

Hello! Tried to send this as a private message but your box is full. I have been trying to fix...

Hello! Tried to send this as a private message but your box is full. I have been trying to fix some hum in this Realisitc sta 430. Changed the main output caps and the hum is still present. Before I start to dig deeper for answers I figured I'd ask someone that like theirs this question: Is...
  4. B

Testing KA 9100 volume/balance pot

For anyone readin this post in the future: the volume/balance pot on my reciever is fine.
  5. B

Just to confirm: I'm testing the the back end of the assembly. My multi-reader shows no connection between the wiper and the post pointed to in the picture. If this would cause the right channel to be weak pleasePrivate Message me with a price! I could also use a one of the knobs for the...
  6. B

Hello! I have been trying to fix this KA 9100 for about a month on and off. Saw major improvements after extensive cleaning and replacing a few suspect caps. Still have a problem with a weak right channel. I think I may have a bad combination volume and balance pot. I'm going to attach a...
  7. B

Realistic STA-85 flickering? Here is why.

Bridged the too with a alligator clips. Sounded good so I soldered the two "plates" (arm? Not sure proper terminology) together and broke the hump that lifted the top from the bottom "plate". Now it is wired permanently on. When not in use I unplug it. Works great. The phono stage leaves much...
  8. B

Realistic STA-85 flickering? Here is why.

I bought a big pile of electronics from an old audiophile off craigslist. Mostly broke junk, but I love fixing them up (even though my solder skills are weak). The nicest looking piece I got was this realistic STA-85. Sounds decent except suddenly there can be a loss in power and flickering...
  9. B

Ka 9100 caps

Hello! I bought a big pile of electronics from a guy off craigslist last week. Mostly junk but one of the nice pieces he had was a KA 9100. All the pieces (over 20) were bought untested. Left Chanel on the KA9100 was dead. Cleaned the pots and boards: the channel was no longer dead but very...
  10. B

Question Caps ka 9100

Accidentally posted twice. 1000 apologies can't figure out how to completely remove. Please help
  11. B

Ka 9100 caps question

Oh crap I totally put this in the wrong section some how! Moderator help me! Nah I'll just repost. If a moderator sees this please erase it for me. I can't seem to figure out how. Thank you!
  12. B

Ka 9100 caps question

Hello! I bought a big pile of electronics from a guy off craigslist last week. Mostly junk but one of the nice pieces he had was a KA 9100. All the pieces (over 20) were bought untested. Left Chanel on the KA9100 was dead. Cleaned the pots and boards: the channel was no longer dead but...
  13. B

Hrt music streamer II vinyl rips

Hope I am in the correct section for this question. If I am not I apologize. I just got a Hrt music streamer II and I thought I had read that one could rip vinyl with it but I can't seem to find any information on how. I am afraid that I may have misread and am mistaken. I am trying to...
  14. B

bought a Signet tk-7lca (?) for 100$. Good deal?

Just got it all balanced out and Holy Crap! Amazing! Even on my crappy pioneer receiver and bose 301s it sounds amazingly clear. Can't wait to hear it after I upgrade!
  15. B

bought a Signet tk-7lca (?) for 100$. Good deal?

Should I get some stylus cleaner solution or can I try it out before? Brush it well first maybe or use the Magic Eraser. I'm dying to try it but I couldn't get down to a record shop to get some actual cleaner today. I really don't want to **** up my new needle... especially if it'd cost 100$ to...
Back
Top Bottom