Recent content by blownsi

1. blownsi

need help choosing device for digitizing analog source

This is somewhat dated information but I tried two USB phono stages (one was Rega, I forget the other). Both of which were a dissapointment in sound quality compared to using a "pro" interface like the Scarlet mentioned above. An Apogee Duet with a Macbook has yielded the best results for me.
  2. blownsi

Looking for a simple, quality mixer

The Mackie ProFXV3 is current and readily available at Guitar center. I've really liked in the applications I've used one.
  3. blownsi

Coming Recession: Will it crash vintage gear pricing

During the housing crisis I saw prices for vintage gear go way up and never come down. With these rising interest rates I see people not financing fancy new gear and instead paying cash for used.
  4. blownsi

CD players- is one better than another and why

If your DVD player sounds good to you don't waste the money to upgrade. There was once a following for Toshiba DVD players that punched way above their price point.
  5. blownsi

Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends

Wonder if Zu would consider selling a DIY kit since the problem seems to be cabinet costs and labor. I still don't understand why they wouldn't just raise the price instead of teasing a future speaker for nearly double the cost. As someone whom debated on spending the asking price of DW for...
  6. blownsi

Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends

Am I the only one who thinks it’s a bit fishy that they are gonna come back with something similar for $1999? I understand inflation but that’s nearly double the cost and not much cheaper than the Omen. Those of us whom struggled with spending $1000 on speakers are surely never going to buy...
  7. blownsi

Please Reco an Analog to Digital Converter

I really like the Apogee Duet.
  8. blownsi

Looking for some soundbar advice for the rec room

First of all I'm a 2 channel guy at heart. My 2 channel systems will not be going away and they have nothing to do with this setup. I'm looking for something fun for the rec room. I have a 1080p projector and I'm looking for something to go along with it. Basically this system will be for...
  9. blownsi

How would you build a very good sounding budget system with a $1500 budget?

Find a local member and ask them about thinning the herd. Many of us own more components than we know what to do with.
  10. blownsi

Best way to display and store a few thousand CDs?

Thanks all for the suggestions. Just to clarify a bit, I have all of my personal CDs ripped and on a server. The CDs and jewel boxes are currently packed in Uhaul boxes and sitting in a temp controlled storage locker. I had planned on leaving mine boxed for good but recently I have acquired...
  11. blownsi

I'm a vinyl guy at heart but with the semi-recent death of CDs, I've started to amass quite a collection.
  12. blownsi

The Expedit/Kallax is quite popular for a cheap way to store records. Is there an equivalent for CDs?
  13. blownsi

Best Buy to quit selling CDs.

They announced this back in February and all their CDs have been 25% off since.
  14. blownsi

Cambridge Sound Works (CSW) Model Six

They are somewhat cheaply made and IMHO do not sound as good as the original but they are voiced like all the other Kloss designs. At the time for around $200/pr they were considered a real bargain. For 12.99 they would be great spare bedroom or garage speakers.
  15. blownsi

No new music after 30.

I have to say I pretty much fit the article. I keep trying to discover new music that I find appealing but I can't. A zillion songs on Spotify and I end up listening to a decade mix from the past.
Back
Top Bottom