B
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I have an opportunity to purchase a pair of crescendo speakers made in Canada, mAybe early 1990's. I can not find anything on them. Does anyone have any experience with them or own/owned a pair? I am at a total loss. They are deep cabinet tweeter,mid, and two woofer. I was told they were pretty high dollar when they came out. But can't find a thing on them.
    I just had a hitachi hma 8300 fall into my lap (ouch) the other day. It's in great shape but it does have something burnt by the meter level controls on the front side. Is this a good amp for restoration? The info is pretty limited but I understand it is one of the first G amps produced. What do you wise sages in AK land think. As it sits right now it is a 52 lb paperweight.
    HELP what should I do??
    I own a mcintosh c28 that I run through a Yamaha 2092 as my amplifier. I just got back my Marantz2325 from the shop where caps were replaced that needed and everything brought back to spec. Which ones do I want to keep? I know I cant keep all of them I am leaning toward the Marantz
    Can buy a mcintosh c-28?
    I have an opportunity to buy a mcintosh c-28 with wood case for a couple hundred bucks. I'm guessing it will require new caps and such. Is it worth it by the time all said and done to buy, also have a tuner available with broken glass for a couple hundred bucks as well. Are they worth it?
    I have a very rare paair of Technics SBR-200 speakers that needs new surrounds. These are the flat speakers with the honeycomb. Does anyone know who would be able to tackle putting new foam between the drivers? Thank all for your input.
    Help with stepping out of the 1990's
    I have been on the fence some time now about the HRT istreamer and i20 by Pure for running my ipod, ipad through my stereo. Now Audioquest has released their Bridges and Falls series of cables with ipod connector with rca ends. Am I going to get the cleanest sound with DAC or this new cable? Thanks to everybody whom I hope have good insight to this dilemma
    Time to step into 21st century. I am wanting to purchase a DAC to play my ipod or ipad through my stereo system. I would like to do it as reasonably priced as I can and still maintain a clear,clean signal (price vs. quality) What are my best bets that you people in the "know" have experienced.
    Thank you in advance for all you knowledge and wisdom
    Reel to reel or cassette? I own about 4000 cd's and give or take 2000 lp's so I'm not lacking for anything to listen to. Lately I have been toying with the idea of adding a reel to reel or cassette deck. I have owned both in the past but gave away all tapes, so I would be starting over from scratch. I know cassette's are easier to come by and it's my understand that lot of up and coming bands are rediscovering cassettes since the their cheap and fast to put out. Which do I want?? I'm leaning toward cassettes again because they sound good if you can listen pass the tape hiss and are easier to store.
    Reel to Reel or Cassette? I own about 4000 cd's and about 2000 lp's so I'm not lacking for anything in the music dept. Lately I have been toying with the idea of adding a reel to reel or cassette deck. I have owned both in the past but have given all tapes away so I would be starting from scratch. I know cassette's are easier to come by and its my understanding that a lot of up and coming bands are rediscovering cassettes since their cheap and fast to put out. Which do I want?? I'm leaning toward cassettes again because they sound good if you can look pass the tape hiss and smaller to store. HELP
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom