Recent content by BMWCCA

1. BMWCCA

JBL-50 Experts Needed...

Carry on as you are. This is supposed to be fun. But, before you get too carried away in your cost, something like this could be better and all original...
  2. BMWCCA

JBL-50 Experts Needed...

I can see you are emotionally invested in these now, but remember there are L80T 10-inch 3-ways with titanium tweeters out there selling for $200-$300 in good shape. I'm not sure you wouldn't be better off just starting over. :dunno: Of course the advice Chris has offered so far is probably...
  3. BMWCCA

Why won't my iPod play through my DAC?

My Tascam single-disc CD player has an iPod dock drawer built into it. That works well though the TEAC USB connectivity could be more universally useful. :thumbsup:
  4. BMWCCA

JBL L36 Decade - One owner, new surrounds - worth $500?

That's a lot like comparing rotten apples to rotten oranges. Which do you prefer? :rflmao:
  5. BMWCCA

Ever turned 100,000 miles over on a Car

Of course I suppose any car built in the '60s was more than likely to have only a five-digit odometer which we are now trusting out to 7-digits?
  6. BMWCCA

Ever turned 100,000 miles over on a Car

LIke most fables, there is some bit of truth but few can agree on the facts. One article says: "Over the years, he rebuilt the engine twice. The first time was at 680,000 miles—the dealer said the car didn't need it, but Gordon insisted. "Like they said, there was nothing wrong," Gordon told...
  7. BMWCCA

I've made this suggestion many times, especially when the TEAC CD-P650 was readily available new for under $200, as an alternative to the iPod dock. I'm sure they can still be had cheap, or maybe a later version is still available. It's a damn nice single-play CD player with the USB simply an...
  8. BMWCCA

I have several iPod Classic 160GB and all of them work through Apple USB cords into the front USB input on my TEAC and Toshiba CD players. It will work with my iPhone lightning output, too, with an Apple cord. Not sure what your issue is but I also don't see where you mentioned which iPod you...
  9. BMWCCA

Oh I see. At first I thought you were showing me Aquaplas on the front AND the back of the cone. But I get it now. :thumbsup:
  10. BMWCCA

If those are yours in your photos, it looks like your L166 woofers have their surrounds on the front of the cone. Was that how you got them? Looks like someone painted the cones, too. And I'm not sure what you're showing in the last photo "After with Aquaplas"? Did you put white aquaplas on the...
  11. BMWCCA

My system (Crown amplifier controversy busted)

More generalizations. And that's fine, but . . . I didn't own anything with horns until 15-years ago when I bought my 4345 JBLs. They, too, are powered by Crown. I've owned Crowns for over 50-years. My original speaker system for decades was the 030 with a 15-inch woofer and a ring-radiator...
  12. BMWCCA

I always do my surrounds on the same side as they came originally. I can't imagine why anyone would do otherwise, especially any professional. I don't even find it any more difficult to do it right. That being said, unless your drivers are reaching full excursion while you're listening to...
  13. BMWCCA

In most cases the power amp is not responsible for "a hard edge". Tonal changes are more often in your front end like a pre-amp or your source. In some cases, better equipment can make inferior recordings sound even worse than you thought they did before trying "better" stuff! I lived through...
  14. BMWCCA

Well, I can't tell where you are but I bought my first pair for $200 in Boston, another for $200 in Richmond, and convinced my Brother-in-Law to jump on a CL ad in suburban Boston for another pair for $200 including a complete system setup. You'd probably stone me if I told you both of my L7s...
  15. BMWCCA

I have to ask what the rest of the system was? My D150 powered a pair of JBL 030 in C37 cabinets all through college hooked to a Mac C-20. We'd play that system out on the back porch all weekend long aimed at the Blue Ridge Mountains on a farm where the party was nearly every weekend. It wasn't...
Back
Top Bottom