Recent content by Bobbyd38

1. Bobbyd38

cleaned polydome

When I was rebuilding Polydomes I would apply 303 Protectant as a final step. It reduces damage from UV, and protects plastics. 303 (30302) UV Protectant Spray https://a.co/d/e73zIAQ If your Domes are still soft and pliable you can get the yellow out by applying some heat with a blow dryer...
  2. Bobbyd38

♫♫ April 2nd 2022 spring FrankenFest in West Boylston, MA. ♫♫

10%? Thats eBay rates!! Is this the rate for all Sellers at Frankenfest?
  3. Bobbyd38

Pioneer SX-880 Protection Circuit Fixes

So I did this fix to an SX-880, and it solved the Turn-On issue but Only when the unit is cold. If its been running for a while at relatively low volume, and you turn the unit Off, then On Again, it takes 3 to 5 minutes for it to turn back On! Let it cool off for 10 minutes, turned off, and...
  4. Bobbyd38

KLH Model 9’s Need Advice?

Hi, I’ve been offered a pair of KLH Model 9 Electrostatics for $1000! Told they are in working condition, and can be demonstrated, but I know very little about electrostatics and I’m curious if this is a good buy/price? Also looking for info on what I should look out for when inspecting them...
  5. Bobbyd38

Infinity RS 2.5 Resto-Mod Journey for Forum Member

WOW! I'm Impressed... Beautiful!
  6. Bobbyd38

Infinity RS2.5 - fully working and ready to be renewed

Excellent thanks the quick reply! It definitely makes them look newer and gets rid of the grungy dark appearance
  7. Bobbyd38

Infinity RS2.5 - fully working and ready to be renewed

I REALLY like the look after you “Polished”!! Please tell me your Definition of “Polished”? They look Sanded to me, or am I missing something, what technique did you use? VERY NICE WORK! I love my RS2.5’s, they were my first Infinity’s and what got me hooked!! BTW, I reverse engineered both...
  8. Bobbyd38

cleaned polydome

The unit on the Left (AVA Sample) is a Sample of my Reproduction Project. It is new, not heated or treated. Sorry, I know the thread was about treating old ones, just thought I would add the progress on my project to create Replacements.
  9. Bobbyd38

cleaned polydome

What I have found works for me to recondition these is first Gently, and slowly use a hair dryer or Heat Gun (careful with a heat Gun, on Low from a good distance) on the dome. I can't emphasize enough to go slow and move the gun in a circular motion until you see the dome start to clear. Too...
  10. Bobbyd38

Qe EMIT vs other "EMIT" tweeter?

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I plan to address that and make the terminals thicker. In the meantime I recommend squeezing the Female connector with some needle nose pliers slightly before mating. That will tighten them up enough to slide on and be tight. Thanks, Bob
  11. Bobbyd38

Polydome Kappa midrange replacement / fix

How expensive, and do you have a link?
  12. Bobbyd38

Quantum Series Line Source EMIT (Tall Ver) DC Resistance?

Anyone know what the Standard/Typical Line Source EMIT DC Resistance of the Coil is? The Tall EMIT?
  13. Bobbyd38

Which Infinity's to choose from

RS2.5's Kick Ass! My first Infinity speakers, bought in Dec 2017, Now I'm an Infinity Nut! You do need a Hi-Current Amp though, their nickname is Amp-Killers, and for good reason, they will Fry your Amp if it is not designed to handle VERY low impedance speakers.
  14. Bobbyd38

Kappa 7

My Goal is to build one success on another, taking the funds from one success, and reinvesting into new products like the EMIM, Kappa Polydome, and now I'm considering a Quantum Midrange Diaphragm in the future. I'm just one guy with limited funds, and each of these is a sizable investment so...
  15. Bobbyd38

Kappa 7

Thanks I appreciate that, and Good luck with the Kappa 7's!
Back
Top Bottom