Recent content by BobHol

1. BobHol

Seeking help with VTL Super Deluxe preamp and Hafler 500 amp

I'm going to make a off the top of my head guess. Those settings are in regards to loads the preamp will see from a Turntable
  2. BobHol

What are the best vintage linear tracking turntables?

This may have been brought up but I didn't see it. Most of the LT turntables listed here were new in the 80's. to answer the question properly the current condition needs to be at the top of the list. All LT's are more complex than a standard turntable. There are a lot of LT's out there...
  3. BobHol

Infinity IL60's still worth it?

So it sounds like these speakers have got you under their spell. Soon they will be having you replace and upgrade everything else to please them. I know from experience
  4. BobHol

Hi and Thanks -

Welcome I've had a pair of AR9's in my man cave for close to two years. They are the ruler over all the lesser pieces of electronics in my system.
  5. BobHol

Most Soulless Car you've Driven

Rented a PT Cruiser once. I like small cars, but the driving experience of that turd made me think about walking.
  6. BobHol

More speakers have landed - Wharfedale Dovedale III

Please tell me more about those speakers. I would think if they are efficient they are not sealed boxed. Are they ported and where is the port located? Or is the rear cover very porous.
  7. BobHol

rolecor amp

I believe the key component in going from a computer to an analog stereo is the DAC, The computer may have a built in DAC but of questionable quality. A quality stand alone DAC can be found for less than $100. The DAC plugs into a USB on the computer and the output would connect to your...
  8. BobHol

cheap cables?

Are you on the Eastern Shore?
  9. BobHol

Martin Logan vintage score!

I can imagine that the past owner had no idea how to locate somebody who really wanted those Towers. So he just leaves them in place when he next moves And his wife is very happy about it.
  10. BobHol

cheap cables?

electronic area of one of the hardware store chains. Lowes,Home Depot. They may still have cheap cables that should work fine.
  11. BobHol

Tools worth their price!

Can't argue with a good regulated solder iron. And to getting a good wire cutter. My next favorite tool is a Dremel hand grinder.
  12. BobHol

What I learned to drive on and performance

1961 Corvair 900. 3spd stick on the floor between "bucket" seats. I remember being beat by a VW Karman Ghia in a stoplight drag. Getting over 65 involved hanging on for dear life. Worst suspension I've ever driven.
  13. BobHol

R.I.P. Hammerin’ Hank Aaron

Another Milwaukee boy here. I have a foul ball that Hank hit at Milw County Stadium. one of my most prized possessions. My dad caught it. Never worried about getting it signed. I know what it is. Will never sell it. Everybody in my family remembers that it was hammering Hank who hit it. I...
  14. BobHol

And I thought I'd seen audio hoarding before

I've read quite a few biographies of musicians who are overwhelmed when big money starts roiling in. Sometimes the IRS ends up collecting their share after years of mismanagement, Drugs become a huge problem. David Crosby's autobiography is a good example of all the weird things that happen.
  15. BobHol

How Many Amplifiers do you have?

Obtained speakers for the man cave that needed some power. They came with a Hafler D500, Which had the power and sounded good. I was curious as to what a different amp would sound like... Hafler D-500 Yamaha M-65 B&K Reference Onkyo H-504 I also have a Adcom 6000 for doing multi-channel I...
Back
Top Bottom