bouttree
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Most of the repairs I do on the KA9100's are limited to the budget of the person usually.
    I like to change the caps on the amp boards and the back power supply. Caps need to be tested with a capacitance meter out of the circuit. Physical damage is obvious leaking or burst/bulging apart caps. The main caps are a PITA to change and aren't very many replacements out there I think someone posted a part in the Kenwood or DIY forum.
    Also replacing the transistors in the amp sections (area of rail voltage ~57VOLTS) WITH MORE ROBUST transistors. There's 3 that I change there and change the offset adjust pot to a multi-turn pot for more accurate adjusting. You can usually find subjects on fixing most popular units on the forums by searching. Most of them have detailed fixes or someone being helped to fix theirs. Also part replacement substitutes and so on.
    I usually add my .02 but I get too many messages asking for help. It takes too much of my time to keep responding to PMs etc etc ..
    Hi Bouttree, Just wanted to drop you a little note and say hi and introduce myself.

I'm Ed Rizzo, aka edriz.

Im sorta new here to AK. Singned upback in September I tink as a member but I think I'm gonna subscribe either today or in the next day or two.

I'm glad yo stopped by my Home Page. Sure wish I could offer you a nice hot drink. It's really cold here in Homer, NY. Way down to 16 degrees today. But the turntable sure is hot. I'm spinning my brand new copy of Deep Purple's Machine Head Lp that I just got over at Simply Vinyl on 180 gram "virgin Vinyl". Trouble is I don't have a clue what "virginVinyl" is. Does that mean it's never been laid?

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and thatnks for stopping by.

I'd like to wish ou and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year

Ed Rizzo
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom