Recent content by breadman1

1. B

Crazy Seattle Estate Sale full of tube gear - 2/23 and 2/24

I’m with you on that Lafayette, had one a few years ago and wish I kept it.
  2. B

Realistic Mark 20 Turntable info

Thanks guys appreciate it!
  3. B

Nothing is opening for me.
  4. B

Found one of these today with a Rek O Kut Micropoise tonearm on it. Can't seem to find any info online about this tt, does anyone have any info on it? thanks in advance
  5. B

I got a headache reading this ad but I would love the gear....price opinions, Thorens and Mcintosh?

I was thinking the same thing Ed, he would be lucky to get half that around here.
  6. B

Okokok - Who got em - $300 B&W 804's in Boston

Im telling you Rick, it's a scam
  7. B

Yamaha NS-1000 with a tube amp

Well I finally got my model 8 back from the shop today and hooked it up to the NS-1000's using the CX-2000 pre. I have to say it's freaking awesome, I hate to say it, but it may be a tad better than the MX-2000 amp. The bass is a better with the MX-2000, but the detail with the model 8 is...
  8. B

Yamaha turntable selection

I was assuming and hoping it was an attempt at humor.
  9. B

Quick photo, need to get my other rack out of storage for a proper set up.
  10. B

Gear was delivered yesterday, I cant believe it survived the trip the way it was packed (only with bubble wrap) The amp sounds fantastic and seems to work perfectly, the pre is missing the silver pieces on top of 2 of the switches, not sure I'll ever be able to find those. The CDX-2020 works...
  11. B

Hi, I just picked up a MX-2000, CX-2000, and CDX 2000, what turntable was supposed to be used with this setup? Anything in particular? Thanks in advance
  12. B

Yamaha NS 1000 M Question/Decision/Advise

$900 seems a little steep for the 1000M's on a local sale. I recently picked up a pair of the Ebony 1000's with factory stands that are in fantastic shape for the same money, zero regrets on the purchase. In the past I had a pair of the 1000M black set and it was lacking in the bass, fantastic...
  13. B

I was able to try them with a Fisher 500c tube receiver today, Marantz gear hands down winner!
  14. B

Thanks for the comment. I've had a pair of the NS-1000m's in the past, the bass is much better on this version, the black were lacking in my opinion although I still really liked them, these are perfect for me. Does anyone know if these were factory stands for this model? Can't seem to find...
  15. B

I recently picked up a pair of NS-1000's (Ebony) and have been running them with a Marantz Sc7 pre and a SM7 amp and it sounds really nice. My question, is anyone running your NS1000's with a tube amp? How does it sound compared to SS? How much tube power would be needed? And any suggestions...
Back
Top Bottom