Recent content by Brice

1. Brice

Tube tester: Sencore MU-150

Jay, For sure the 3 wires capacitor is on the PCB. No need for it. I do not recall the rest, it's been too long.
  2. Brice

NE-2 90VDC. Should work yes. This is what I used.
  3. Brice

Removing labels on Heathkit amps and transformers

Water is best at first. Soak it with water for as long as you can, days if possible. It should get very soft and then easy to remove.
  4. Brice

Utracer help, doesn't work

Hum. If I may, the ferrite has to be placed as close as possible to the socket. And you can add multiple, especially grid and plate. I added multiple to tame what you have on my UTracer 3. And your bias is too negative for your 12AX7 test, that's why only the -2 is showing.
  5. Brice

RIP Terry DeWick

RIP Terry. This is a big loss for all of us.
  6. Brice

Try on the socket for that tube giving you trouble. Yes more ferrite the better. Can you take a picture of the wiring while you are there? Nice case you've made.
  7. Brice

From the google group: "it is very possible your tube is oscillating during the test. It is very common, and discussed in the documentation. In most cases it is easy to fix; take a small toroid core, and wind the grid wire a couple (2 or 3 is usually enough) around it, and try again."
  8. Brice

And your third graph shows oscillation. Have you used ferrite beads close to your tube's connection?
  9. Brice

Have you tried https://groups.google.com/g/utracer Very helpful folks there.
  10. Brice

Awesome. You're welcome. I didn't know side mounted tube socket could be purchased these days. Good luck with the calibration.
  11. Brice

Trying to decide what power amplifier I want to purchase to pair with my Mcintosh c220

I would go for a MC275, vintage or a VI modern version. Awesome amp. If you go vintage, a full restoration is in order.
  12. Brice

Hi BassoJay, I installed a 1A slowblo fuse inside the unit, and kept the power socket, and so far so good: never blew one. For the socket, I made used an aluminum sheet and cut a plate, made the socket hole, and mount it to the board with 90 degree angle bracket. I used a Belton socket with...
  13. Brice

FINALLY, onwardjames gets his tube amp!!!

Awesome ! :banana:
  14. Brice

McIntosh MC275 MK VI Clone

"For some reason I'm upset by knock-off caps in my knock-off amp" :rflmao::p
  15. Brice

Traumatized Allen Organ C3

The original amp.
Back
Top Bottom