Recent content by BrocLuno

1. BrocLuno

Antenna placement question.

I used a directional antenna in the attic for years. But eventually I figured out that since I live in a valley, all the signals are reflected from one of the hills. So I took my Grundig portable and walked the perimeter of the house and the second floor, looking for sweet spots for the...
  2. BrocLuno

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Satechi Sound Fly Aux and some other in car FM broadcasters :)
  3. BrocLuno

Sound quality question-can't hear dark side of the moon details & other details

Headphones are your friend here. Listen with them and see if there is any difference. If there is, it's the speakers or the high-power section. If you can't hear the details, try a different phono pre-amp section (usually external into AUX). Most of built-in ones are kinda limited. I...
  4. BrocLuno

JC Penny's From Heaven (Or Goodwill) MCS 3246

MCS had some stellar gear. Depends on who built it under contract ... Itoh Radio was one of the contract builders and their stuff is very nice. Some really good receiver sections. Pop the cover off and you will usually see a stencil or a silk screen somewhere that will tell you the actual...
  5. BrocLuno

My dream car......what's yours?

Absolute dream car ... Ferrari 250 2+2 GTE like on of these:
  6. BrocLuno

Full Sized Trucks--When Will The "Size War" End?

I remember back in the 1960's when they advertised the lowest loading height as a feature. Now days I can't even jump up to the door sills ...
  7. BrocLuno

What would you buy tomorrow if you crashed your car today?

I dunno if you'all follow the the "derelict" series from ICON ... But if I had the budget, I'd prolly do something with a '53 Hudson Hornet or a 54 Chevy Bel Air. Electric conversion would be nice. New interior, A/C and power steering. Exterior could remain "patina" :)
  8. BrocLuno

Shure could use some help!

No, we never do that :D
  9. BrocLuno

Three wheeled Motorcyle not a Trike

And the point of this thing is ...
  10. BrocLuno

What do you drive? Truck, car, or van

F-150 4x4, or big Bronco, or Honda PC800, or K2 bicycle :D
  11. BrocLuno

How about a nice, relaxing bicycle ride ?

That's damn near motorized enduro pace given how tight the course is in some places ...
  12. BrocLuno

Bicycle Restorations, Builds and ...

Looks like a worthy project. It does need cleaning and a bit of polish ... I have had a fair number of Trek's come through my world. Still have two. They seem to clean up fine and give great service :)
  13. BrocLuno

Changing it up a bit on the bicycle - a "gravel" bike

Nice - good all around compromise - love single chain wheel in front :) I'd opt for dual air fork with axle in front of lower legs as a compromise between the fork you have and the road fork you're used to :)
  14. BrocLuno

How expensive was your first car?

1951 Vicky for $50 - flatty and three on the tree. Next was a 1955 Pymouth for $35 - flat head six and three on the tree. Swapped that one for a '54 Ford with OHV V8 and stick. The next one was pricey at $250 - '56 Ranch Wagon with 292 T-Bird V8 and three speed with OD, so it had the 4.11...
  15. BrocLuno

For you gas mileage junkies

Listen to both and do what needs doing - get going. e-motor or gas, either can be fun. Don't get stupid and outrun the brakes or handling and it will serve well :)
Back
Top Bottom