BroonsBane
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello!

I just saw an old post about Teac p4500 you made. Can you recommened the cd-player? I'm about to buy one myself but will like to be sure about my buy.

Cheers
    Rob
    Hello. I saw an old post of yours about a Sony CDP990. Is it any good? Have you done any upgrades to it?
    I see you have had an NAD 5330 cd player that has the minimalist circuitry & controls.
    I'd appreciate your opinion of it as to sound quality. I've been looking for one.
    Frank
    I swear you have the best taste in music. I was reading through the vinyl only spin list and almost everything you posted I have listened to or heard of and if not I want. I thinking of writting of list of alblums you mention and I don't know of. heck i'm only 34. Rock n Roll man. Rock n Roll.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I logged onto AK this morning and noticed you b-day was today. And, we are almost the same age (I turn 46 in 2 weeks). No small wonder we both seem to share similar interests (Yamaha. Rush, AK, etc.)...go figure.

FYI, I posted an idea I had on the CDX-720 thread that I do not know if you will see, but may explain why your new unit is not working. Does your unit have a shipping drive parking switch on the bottom (my CDX-2000 has this, and the 720 unit looks to be of the same era and design methodology). If the unit was shipped with it not engaged, then the drive may be damaged. If the unit was shipped with it engaged, then all you have to do is to switch it and your unit should work. It took me a while to figure this out when I received my CDP and the drive was not working after getting my unit from Yamaha. Also, switch it back and forth a few times as the mech is old and used rarely. so I am never quite sure if it is working or not. Good Luck!
    Any chance you still have the service manual for the Sony STR-V7?

I just got a V6 that suffers from very low output. I've got a lot to learn and don't want to hurt my new baby.

Thanks!
    Hi,

As I said in my post, I am very interested in buying your CA-1010! Would you accept Paypal as form of payment?

Let me know pls.

Cheers,
    Ben
    Hi Mike, would you consider $220 shipped Paypal for your M-60 to Florida, 34653??
    Thanks,
    Jim
    Hello ...

Please I need this information. Owner/service manual.
    DC Offset- Bias and other adjustment for LUXMAN L-55a or L-58a or L-48a or L-580 or L-480 Thank u
    Regards. Bonzzo
    Thanks for offering to help with the ELAC spindle!
    I really like these tables - great quality.
    I'm liking the Arcam. She's an oldie but goodie. No luck on the remote yet though. I should try a wanted ad on CAM......
    Hey, Just joined and saw your call name out of the corner of my eye. Am I correct in assuming you were inspired by the Power Trio of Toronto?

Anyway, always happy to see another aficionado no matter where I meet them.

PS they were on VH1 last night but the hosts paid little attention to them. Too busy desperately trying to be funny.
    what do you think of those Energy Veritas 2.8s you posted a pic of in Coolest Gear Photography?
    I have a pair of Energy C7s and I absolutely love them
    Not much time, just grabbed minty 2112 and Farewell to Kings, gotta go have a session, thanks for the invite, PM me about the amp
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom