Recent content by buckstir

1. buckstir

Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport

Clicked!
  2. buckstir

Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport

HiFi Heaven has the Audiolab 6000CDT at $499 vs $549 at Audio Advisor. Plus no sales tax ????? Net is almost $100 less. Frank, any problems or reservations about HiFi Heaven ... never dealt with them before. My finger is on the buy button.
  3. buckstir

Buckstir's Lounge ... latest lineup!

Traded the PrimaLuna for the new in box black edition LS50's after a 3 day audition. I love to trade gear. The Mac combo is very pleasing, may even attempt a second MC7100 ... never tried mono blocks before. The Mac combo trumps the PL tube amp to my ears, but perhaps the C712 pre is the reason...
  4. buckstir

Gave the LS50 another audition, this time with the Mac combo. They are here to stay. Rega DACr started to cut out. Replaced with a Modi 3.
  5. buckstir

Any particular Focal model? Those flax driver models look nifty.
  6. buckstir

Pro Ac, B&W, Dynaudio, Totem, Monitor Audio, Spendor, Quad. Any other "bookshelf" I should consider under $2500 if I get restless?
  7. buckstir

It means some Harbeth research is in order!
  8. buckstir

I finally dipped my toes into McIntosh waters and my only regret is not doing it sooner. Very pleasing form factor, splendid at lower to mid volume, and responds when you hit the gas. The KEF Q350's were chosen over KEF LS50's in a shootout, I use them with the port bung center removed (2 pc.)...
  9. buckstir

McIntosh C712 McIntosh MC7100 Denon DP1200 w/ Audio Technica ATOC9MLii Clearaudio Nano v2 phono pre Rega Apollo-R Rega DAC-R Nakamichi RX-505 Pure i-20 with iPod Parasound Ztuner Sony CX355 KEF Q350 inactive - Aragon 28k - PrimaLuna Prologue Five - Musical Fidelity A5 - Velodyne sub
  10. buckstir

Affordable McIntosh Systems!

Enjoying my first dip into the McIntosh waters. C712 and early version MC7100. Under 2K
  11. buckstir

Pics of your listening space

My latest humble lineup. Got the 5220 cassette deck just today!
  12. buckstir

Would You Pull This Trigger ? KEF LS50 $900 New

forgoing awkward e-mails ... we talked this morning on the phone. my suspicions have subsided ... seems like a earnest young man.
  13. buckstir

He has to order them from KEF direct. He has no "stock" so to speak. Guessing he needs money up front. Has now stated $927 (fees) Paypal "goods" will work. Awkward as hell though ... kind of ruining any good vibes.
  14. buckstir

In a nutshell. KEF Q350's on Craigslist at $500 with factory Warranty. Call and ask how a warranty is possible. He says he is authorized KEF dealer and these are demos. From his basement! OK then, how about LS50's ? $900 shipped. New. Check KEF website and he is on their list. "HiFi Handyman"...
  15. buckstir

Pics of your listening space

Pics ... my two main systems.
Back
Top Bottom