Recent content by BulldogSnore

1. B

Time Windows again

Timewindow 1a / 3 I believe both the Timewindow 3 and 7 are mirrored, not so with the 1a. I also seen the 3s up for sale on ebay, non matching Serial #s. Own both the 1As and 3s. I would think with the three attenuator adjustment that the 3s have, the difference in numbers would be minimal...
  2. B

DCM 1A ~~ End Cap Replacement

Is"nt the rod bolted to the top End Cap also ? Looks like the nut and rod will unscrew as one. Otherwise sounds pretty simple, Thanks a bunch.
  3. B

Vmps

I"m currently running the RM-1 ribbons with updated Mega Woofers, bi-amped. Sound awesome in my audio room. I first owned the Tower IIs, then the larger Tower ST/Rs. VMPS are not for the place em/forget em crowd! They need to be properly dialed in to sound as Brian intended. When thats...
  4. B

DCM 1A ~~ End Cap Replacement

Anybody out there with experience replaceing the wood End-Caps on a pair of DCM 1As ... mine are cracked. I dont want to screw up the x-over, I"ve read the rod goes through it ? Thanks for any help, DW
  5. B

Hello All, I recently picked up a pr of DCM TimeWindow 1a in beautiful sound, but the wood end...

Hello All, I recently picked up a pr of DCM TimeWindow 1a in beautiful sound, but the wood end caps could go a replacement. There warped an cracked. My Question is, how difficult is it to unbolt end caps to replace the wood ?? I seem to recall the bolt runs through the x-over on the 1As ...
  6. B

Ohm f

ANYBODY INTO OHM - F"s AS THEIR MAIN LOUDSPEAKERS???
  7. B

DCM timeframe 700

Just picked up a near mint pr. of DCM tf-700 floorstanders, with carton and 3 page manual... very choice at $250.00 pr. They are really sounding nice. My first major speaker buy was the Timewindows around 1978-80 bought from the Gramaphon in Royal Oak, MI. This seems deja-vu only better. These...
  8. B

VSP gold power amp

Anybody have any thoughts on the VSP gold amp? I"m running mine into Ohm Walsh 3XO speakers with great results. My preamp is a Conrad-Johnson 11 linestage.
  9. B

VSP Gold Amp

I have a VSP Gold power amp in system, looks new, sounds Fantastic driving a pr. of Ohm 3xo speakers. If I recall... these were made in Ann Arbor, Mi. Does anybody know of a local Tech (S.E. Michigan) that knows the brand, to give it a Refreshening/ Tune-up etc??? This amp is a real keeper...
  10. B

Sansui TU-719 Tuner

I Would like to get a Shout Out to Mike at RADIOX in Flint on the Alignment and adding a F-connector to my Sansui TU-719 tuner..... BEAUTIFUL JOB MIKE... Tuner pulls in and locks on, like a pr. of Vise Grips. Very Warm natural sounding, with a quiet background. (All on a basic tune) VERY...
  11. B

Concept receiver (etc.) - comments from Richard Schram

Hi All, I just picked up a Concept 4.5 on Ebay ... $35.00 ... Pics looked good/supposed to work fine. Hav"nt received it yet, will soon see. Later BulldogSnore
  12. B

Crown Fan Noise

Hi Everyone, Currently using a Crown CSL-800 amp in my home system. The fan noise is driving me NUTS! ..... Is there a simple way to disconnect the fan? Amp is in a cool basement audio room, used Nowhere near its power output. Has anyone else unhooked their Crown amps fan. Any help is very...
  13. B

Thiel CS 1.2 spkrs

Hi All, Anybody have thoughts on the little Thiel 2-way floorstanders? I"m looking for a good quaility Spkr like the 1.2 to fit my 20ft x 13ft audio room. I will be using either a Marantz 2265b or 2330b if power requirements are needed. Thanks, BulldogSnore.
  14. B

Rotating Marantz 2330B into system this week. Anything I should be cautious about??

Why not... I always look under the hood first, or use secondary spkrs to check sound quaility. Mine is too much power for my JBLe100"s which the 2265b I have is better suited, in MY ROOM.
  15. B

The Party's over........

Damn, I knew I would be missing something fantastic, next year for sure. Being new to AK, got news of the show at the last sec. Bummed yeah, but weekend was spoken for. Will not miss next years event! Geez, could of been there in 15 mins. BulldogSnore.
Back
Top Bottom