Recent content by burmashave

1. burmashave

Hf-85 volume pot

how do you achieve a balance control with the new pot?
  2. burmashave

bpj911 and his Eico HF85

is now my Eico HF 85 preamp. Sounds great. Thanks man...I love it.
  3. burmashave

Sansui G5000 question

thanks everybody!
  4. burmashave

Sansui G5000 question

is $400 a stupid good price or just ok?
  5. burmashave

Spin Clean Comparison

It's what I do. But I don't use a spin clean anymore. I have a broken elac 50h tt with no arm. the torque on an idler table is great. I set it at 78, drop a recorrd on it, use 2 record doc brushes fused together for double the footprint, my cleaning solution sprayed on the brush pads till...
  6. burmashave

HORROR FILMS which do not suck

Fail Safe. Not monsters, but it is pretty scary intense...another of the same genre is Seven Days in May
  7. burmashave

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Brian Eno. "Here Come The Warm Jets"
  8. burmashave

The Official -Technics SL-1600/1700/1800- Owners Thread

That headshell allows you to align the stylus while its in place. They go for a few bucks in the bay too. Id keep it.
  9. burmashave

What's New in Your LP Library?

originals....jealous
  10. burmashave

Built an Akitika preamp...

my vinyl rig is set. I have a couple tube amps sitting around that have been rebuilt but I'm short of pre's. I've thought of building one and I've looked at that one before. Thanks for the detail.
  11. burmashave

High end speaker cables make a real difference?

imho, it has as much to do with synergy of the sum total of components, including ic's as anything. Some pieces don't so sound good with some pieces....use the same pieces in different configs and surprise, you like it better than you remember liking it. happens to me. the synergy tween...
  12. burmashave

High end speaker cables make a real difference?

capacitance differences between different ic's will certainly result in different musical presentations. cables do vary re capacitance values. that's one aspect. another is that some material conducts better than others....which is the ultimate objective. if you can't hear the difference...
  13. burmashave

Built an Akitika preamp...

how many hours did it take? did it work the first time? what is your level of experience. Knowing this will help me and a lot of people judge it's suitability. I solder well, but my vision is not as good and my hands aren't as steady. Whaddya think?
Back
Top Bottom