Recent content by captouch

1. captouch

C38 lightning damage

I’ll PM you his email.
  2. captouch

Review of Fosi Audio V3 Stereo Amplifier

Yeah, that's where I got the price of $127.50. They have a 15% off promotion, but it's true it's not in stock and considered a pre-order. But it's hard to justify since I'm not even using the V3. I just like the idea of it and respect all the value they've put into a really affordable...
  3. captouch

Review of Fosi Audio V3 Stereo Amplifier

I just saw that Fosi has a new ZA3 amp out now that I’m tempted to try out. Problem is I really don’t need it anywhere! But it has balanced inputs, a mono switch, true subwoofer out that tracks with volume knob, and there’s a 48V power supply option that I’d imagine I could use with the V3 too...
  4. captouch

Recommendations on Pet Insurance

We ended up going with MetLife Pet Insurance and opted for the option that adds preventative care. Our policy has a $250 deductible, and one of the reasons for opting for the preventative care option is it helps get rid of the deductible. It covers the Simparica Trio combined...
  5. captouch

Recommendations on Pet Insurance

If your vet has already diagnosed this condition, you may not able to get insurance to pay for any related treatment if insurance in Canada is anything like in the US where they can bow out of paying claims due to pre-existing conditions. Typically, they’ll ask for at least one full year of vet...
  6. captouch

Later model MAC 1900 Schematics

Happy to do it - didn't realize the later serial # schematics weren't out there, but at least they are now. I got my 1900 from a local guy who was selling all his gear before moving to Thailand. He was using the 1900 to demo speakers he was selling. I bought one set and he said he wouldn't...
  7. captouch

OK cameronut/all, I sent the PDF of the scan to the email that @w3jn posted, so I expect it to be online soon enough. @camaronut , I'll PM you a link to my Google drive so you can access it right away. Just don't know if it's a bad idea to post a link to my Google drive on an open forum, so I...
  8. captouch

Yeah, I'll do that too - thanks for the email. It's the scanning part that's going to take awhile. Once it's ready for distribution, I'm happy to provide it to as many resources as possible so people can make use of it.
  9. captouch

I just counted, it’s 30 pages. When I have a block of time, I’ll see about scanning it and making it available to you via a Google drive or OneDrive link. I’ll see what the file size is after it’s all scanned and if it’ll fit on Hifienfine, I’ll upload it there too.
  10. captouch

Are you looking for any particular section? I’m out of town for a few days, but I may have a service manual for the later version.
  11. captouch

Quick plumbing question

Yeah, that’s probably the next step. I tightened the stems, inadvertently (through trying to get it out with a seat wrench) probably ground/polished the existing fixed sear on the cold side, and after all is said and done, it temporarily wasn’t making the thunk and groaning sounds it was. But...
  12. captouch

Quick plumbing question

Geez, obstacles after obstacles! All I want to do is fix a faucet, but this seems stacked against me. Thanks for the info Sansuiman.
  13. captouch

Quick plumbing question

So I don’t see a seat after removing the stem. At least not a traditional square one that a wrench can seat into. Here’s a pic: So is that even a seat that happens to be circular? Or is this a seat-less fixture? If it is a seat, unsure about the best way to remove that. I thought perhaps...
  14. captouch

Quick plumbing question

Ok, saw a video and know what a seat is now. Definitely didn’t replace that. Need to hunt for seats and stems for both sides now. Thanks so much everyone. The duct tape must be for a leak. This faucet is my 89 year old Dad’s utility sink faucet in his garage, so he’ll have to be forgiven...
  15. captouch

Quick plumbing question

I did replace the cold stem a year or so ago, but don’t recall replacing the seat - I need to look up what a seat is! The hot, I think I might have just replaced a washer. The issue now is the cold side will turn on with water flow, but periodically make a thunk sound and the water flow...
Back
Top Bottom