Recent content by Carbon13

1. Carbon13

Thorens owners group

I just finished mine. Plinth/arm board is done in Sapele Pommele with maple splines for accent. Finish is Odie's oil. Plinth is multi-layer plywood with the sapele on the outside. The deck was fully stripped, painted, new motor coils, suspension, sapphire bearing, etc. Arm is SME 3009 II...
  2. Carbon13

WiiM mini issues

Just sold my 2. I stream from deezer and the interface with that platform is horrible. It would log into other people's accounts randomly, start skipping songs every 30 sec. I was hoping for a firmware fix but gave up after 6 months. Otherwise it is a good little streamer but not ready for prime...
  3. Carbon13

Denon cartridges.

I have a dl301 that is my intro to lomc. Fantastic cartridge! As avfan said, added weight to headshell is helpful for some arms. When I finally snapped the cantilever, I got a soundsmith sapphire replacement and it's well worth the money! Totally new cartridge with a bit more liveliness and...
  4. Carbon13

Tube rolling Fisher 500c and project DS2 phono

Sovtek lps are great bang for the buck!
  5. Carbon13

What the best Kabuki speakers you have heard

Thanks! They actually sound surprisingly good but need to be off the ground a bit. Pretty warm sound with good bass and rich mids. Ok, agree maybe not Kabuki but I think many (including me) may think so at first.
  6. Carbon13

What the best Kabuki speakers you have heard

I have a pair of Kenwood LS-890 that actually sound pretty good. I refinished the cabinets, cleaned up the drivers and recapped the crossovers.
  7. Carbon13

Tube phono pre foray

I have a project ds2 phono tube box and I love it. All the settings you could ever need for MC carts. Runs very quiet.
  8. Carbon13

Need tube amp recommended

http://www.tubes4hifi.com/amps.htm
  9. Carbon13

Power Cord Recommendations

I bought one of these and thought build quality is pretty good. https://www.amazon.ca/WAudio-Hi-End-Audio-Power-Cable/dp/B01L2MBYWC/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=2KNW3SW6J1MJX&keywords=audio+power+cable&qid=1640884914&sprefix=audio+powe%2Caps%2C90&sr=8-4
  10. Carbon13

The AR turntable motor question

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ar-xa-haydon-motor-runs-hot.685390/
  11. Carbon13

The AR turntable motor question

You can open up the motor and rebuild it fairly easily. Just search this forum for a few threads and pay specific attention to anything posted by marc morin.
  12. Carbon13

Fisher 500c left channel issue

Fixed!! Cold solder joint was the culprit. It was the impedance selector wire on the left channel. I also found a suspect joint on the new power switch so I reflowed that too. Everything seems to be working fine now! Thanks for the guidance!
  13. Carbon13

Thanks Tim!
  14. Carbon13

OK thanks! Maybe I'll try that as a start.
Back
Top Bottom