carbonman
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Most digital cameras allow you to defeat the auto ISO setting by going to one of the non full auto settings. I usually set the ISO to 100 or 200 and shoot in Av mode when taking bug shots.
    Hi Graham
    I kinda miss my MDA700..the recent firmware update to the C48 has put my system into a bit of chaos. I had moved to a Linux based music server, VortexBox, and it's not playing well with the C48. My Win7 PC using JRiver plays fine, but I really don't want to go back to a Windows based music server. I've said it before, I think the 700 is a really sweet DAC. Forget the fact that it only does 16/48... It really sounds NICE
    Problem for me is that I need a USB DAC. Hopefully I get that VorrteBox to play well with the C48..I may reload it this weekend. I know that the backup & restore work well, it just takes a l-o-n-g time.

Take Care
    Chris
    The list of goodies in your sig makes me think I need to come have a listen at some point. :p
    Well, with NAIM I went crazy; and it is my hobby. I have tended in past to pay less and then to ask myself all the time if I should update. SO this time I may wanna do it the other way around ...
    RIght now I have the following options in mind:
    1. Aniversary set
    2. C2300 and 501s (or a tube power amlifier eg 2102 or 275)
    3. C500 and 501s (or tube)
    I do not wanna go above.
    That's for now, right noe enjoy the MCD500 with my NAIM equipment, but already miss the MA7000.
    I will listen to these options during the next months. By the way, this is the first time I am blogging ... I have noticed that much of the chats are about assumptions, few are based upon chatters that really had an opportunity to listen to the equipment.
    Best
    M
    Hey Graham
    Hope all is well with you & that you've finally gotten your MDA700 and are enjoying it.
    Let me know what your impressions of it are...

Chris
    im also looking at c45. I like ss alot. tubes have been cool with the 2200. not sure if the 2300 is wort it. Phono secition is the only diff. I have a clear audio annavassary table. its so so great. very detailed. i will post some pictures of it all. seams the magico mini is a hot item. people have a lot to say about them. the cost trips people out but ive spent so much over the years that my wife cant tell were i spend the money . my recording studios are big.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom