Recent content by catama

1. catama

MAC 225 and 240 Output Tube Rolling

I like the TAD 6L6GC tubes in my 240
  2. catama

McIntosh Cabinet Repair SF Bay Area

I want to close this thread by showing all of you the magnificent job Carl did on my broken case. My MA5100 is safely and beautifully ensconced in its new home and I have been listening to and staring at it since I got it home. I swear it sounds better with the restored case. Carl, true...
  3. catama

Sensational!!! It doesn’t get better than this.
  4. catama

Thank you! I am thrilled!
  5. catama

OMG!! This is beyond a fix. This is a masterful restoration by a master! Carl, you really are incredible! Thank you!
  6. catama

Thank you for your thoughts on this issue. The tech in question has repaired a number of items for me in the past with outstanding results: an AR XA TT, a MC240 amp, a C32 preamp, the MA 5100 that was in the dropped case, and an MX110 preamp. He is a sole proprietor and local for me. We have a...
  7. catama

I agree. Carl is doing an amazing job for me. Not sure how I’m going to handle the tech. Still deciding.
  8. catama

WOW! Carl, I can’t thank you enough, buddy.
  9. catama

T Thanks. Can't say what exactly happened, but it could have been dropped or forced. No way to know for sure.
  10. catama

Wow Carl, that would be awesome. I will send you my contact info via PM
  11. catama

Very likely. The amp was firmly in place when I dropped it off, so I doubt very much that it "fell apart".
  12. catama

I believe you are correct, although the tech said it “came apart” on him. I’ve got a good lead on someone who can fix this for me and I will be hitting the tech up to pay for it. We’ll see.
  13. catama

Thanks for the ID
  14. catama

Here are the photos The top was pulled off, the panlock mounting on one side was ripped out.
  15. catama

PM sent
Back
Top Bottom