Recent content by Catmanboo

1. Catmanboo

Silvertone 1708 1941 5 Tube Farm Radio Restoration

I've never heard of an 11 mhz band. That being, there's a small fraction of shortwave stations today compared to back when this thing wasn't so old, so there's slim pickings. If it works fine on the AM broadcast band, call that good-you have a good ball- game radio!
  2. Catmanboo

Outstanding! Check dial pointer accuracy across the spectrums. If it's off by a similar amount across the board, adjust pointer position on the string & call it good. It likely wasn't spot- on when new, so consider that.
  3. Catmanboo

Vintage clock radio

Try hosing down the tuning cap gang with whatever residue-free contact/ control cleaner you have. They often get noisy when moved, especially the FM function, especially at the lower end of the band. I've experienced this multiple times on an assortment of gear, most recently my Tivoli 1 radio...
  4. Catmanboo

Vintage European Capacitor Values - How to read them

Being a foreign ( European) item, might try elektrotanya.com for a schematic &/or parts list. Good luck!
  5. Catmanboo

Sherwood S-7200 Safe pot/contact cleaner.

Same as we use on everything else. Deoxit products usually everyone's first choice, but often hard to find locally & very pricey. I use CRC QD, available about everywhere. That said, I've ruined 2 volume pot assemblies in the past by grabbing the WRONG CAN of CRC product. NEVER use electrical...
  6. Catmanboo

labels for cables

For neatness (not having a bunch of flagged cabling) an appropriately-colored fine- point sharpie or similar permanent marker may work for you. Use silver marker on black or other dark cables. More subtle marks, so you'll have to more closely scrutinize any markings as opposed to looking at any...
  7. Catmanboo

ELAC Miracord TT -share all about 'em

Looking in my 50H & 770H owners manuals, no mention of this. However, 50H II may have. Might be an under- chassis adjustment not mentioned in the manuals I have.
  8. Catmanboo

Rephrase to clarify please, so I can possibly offer a remedy. This might be causing lift clearance problems. Use one mat or the other & see what gives. If your headshell has a slide lever on front & numbers on top, this is an angle adjustment for the cartridge. If not, & the stylus carrier...
  9. Catmanboo

Hello from Galloway Ohio

Yes. There are sub-forums that are brand-specific also. Not knowing what brand your S7200 is, I can't refer you to the specific one. Explore this site called AK, lots to see, learn, do- all in due time, of course.
  10. Catmanboo

Hello from Galloway Ohio

Welcome from n.e. Ohio! You didn't drill a hole in the faceplate for the new switch, did ya? :biggrin:
  11. Catmanboo

Due to the miniscule filaments in the tubes. I "dissected" a dead one long ago, filament was akin to a cat whisker & was hard to find at first. Doesn't take much to heat that thing up. Feeling these types of tubes for operating heat to look for a dead one is an exercise in futility.
  12. Catmanboo

As in very hard to see, even in darkness. If they had noticeable glow, battery life would be very limited. That is the most complex, deluxe model of battery radio from that era I've ever seen. Very cool piece indeed. For the filament supply, a no.6 dry battery or even 2 in parallel or a stack of...
  13. Catmanboo

Cue lever drops too fast, damping fluid is gone. Drops too slow, fluid has gotten too "goopy" or sticky, for lack of better term. Can be replaced without too much grief.
  14. Catmanboo

Engraved serial number on sansui faceplate?

Where did you find such a list?
  15. Catmanboo

Help identify this radio

The only $$$ tube in the later tube T-Os is the 1L6, very limited number of battery portables besides Zeniths used those. There exists a modern-day solid-state replacement for it, bur it ain't cheap either. The rest of the tube complement were extensively used in a myriad of battery portables...
Back
Top Bottom