catrafter
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello Catrafter, what is your email to write to you to see if you can help me with a Marantz 300DC.
    Hi Tom, my first 2275 rebuild a few weeks ago didn’t include the caps on p300, pso1& p200 because for some reason I was under the impression that it could require a realignment. Am I being paranoid for nothing? Is it ok to replace all the caps on those 3 boards without having to align? Jack
    Tom,
    Working on 2250 audio amp board. Had two shorted outputs (2SC1343). Replaced them with OEM, now have -25vdc on the speaker rail. Removed the outputs--still there.
    H714 and 715 test good. All other transistors test good.
    Any thoughts?
    Thank you, Tom, for your help. I'd be screwed without people like you. Hell, I'm screwed on this project already. I thought it was going to be a simple recapping and relay replacement but now I'm dealing with issues that I'm not totally equipped for. Thank you so much!
    Schedule your Marantz restoration by emailing me: Tom@vintage-electronics-restoration.com
    Please don't send visitor messages, Email me if you have a question. Thanks! Tom@vintage-electronics-restoration.com
    My queue is currently about 8 months, please contact me via PM or email: Tom@vintage-electronics-restoration.com Tom
    hey rick ..quick dumb question. I just got the 3800 and 510m. I have it connected with rca to the pre out of the 3800 to the main on the 510, but my speaker cables are connected to the 510m..i have read here and in the manual that you are suppose to connect the speaker wires from the 510m to the 3800 and from the 3800 to the speakers? But Im getting nice sound without doing this..Am I doing this all wrong?
    Not specifically a Marantz question, though in this case it is in a 2245.

Getting a steady, high, static-y sounding noise in R ch. Subtle. It's in the preamp section; separate that out, no noise.

Noisy 2SA493 or 2SC1000 transistor on the P400?

Question: Is hfe matching a tone board factor, or can I simply replace the transistors? Or might this noise be a something else?

Thanks.

Mark
    Bismarck, ND
    My queue is currently less than a year, please contact me via PM or email: Tom@vintage-electronics-restoration.com/ Tom
    I have a marantz 2330b that I absolutely love. Nothing is really wrong with it besides some scratchy volume pots and what nots.... Just trying to get an idea about a price ballpark on a complete restore on this monster?
    I know you are super busy and backed up.
    Tom
    Hello Catrafter, quick question, I know that deoxit work very well (also very expensive), but I already have a pray can of Nu-Trol control cleaner from MG Chemicals witch also contain lubricating oils, is that a ''good'' substitute for Deoxit ? Thank you, Godi P.S. Tomorrow I will receive a nice Marantz 2235B that I bought localy and no matter how it play/or sound, I'm starting a recap job.
    Great! It's nice to know you are enjoying them and that my work is holding up!
    I think of you and your gear whenever I look back through the pictures to see what I did on certain models in the past.

Take care,
    Tom
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom