Recent content by cecilk

1. cecilk

Airline GAA-2940 - Power Supply 60 Hz Hum

One thing I learned about the Airline brand - they were made cheaply for sale in department stores and not known for their build quality or use of high-quality parts. As you read from my post, I had to replace all electrolytic caps (nearly every single one had drifted out of tolerance and was...
  2. cecilk

Airline GAA-2940 - Power Supply 60 Hz Hum

From your video, your model is quite a bit different than the one I repaired. My advice would be to start a new forum thread with the model number in the thread title, upload a clear image or PDF of the schematic, and go from there. Before you go to the great lengths I went, I'd say start by 1)...
  3. cecilk

Sansui 8080 Service Mod - Need Guidance

Thank you for helping me understand this circuit design.
  4. cecilk

Wonder why the factory had put jumpers in these positions on this board. I guess if purpose was to act as a fuse (and not necessarily to add 4.7 ohms of resistance), a piece of 24 awg wire is basically a 3.5-4A fuse, yes?
  5. cecilk

Is there any reason the 4.7Ω wirewound fusible resistors mentioned above would not be suitable to use? Since I have them in stock...
  6. cecilk

I have four resistors from Mouser - these 4.7Ω wirewound fusible resistors - but they are 1/2 W instead of 1/4W. Will those be fine? Normally with resistors it is no problem to increase power rating - but I'm not sure with fusibles. Or should I just use normal 4.7Ω metal film resistors?
  7. cecilk

The only differences I am seeing from your list on my board are that: R15/16 are both 22Ω on my board R47/48/49/50 are jumpers on my board Also - I replaced TR05/06 (2SA818) with KSA1220AY I replaced TR09/10 () with KSA2690AY
  8. cecilk

Mine is marked F-2436-1 It has NO components in the following empty positions: R51, R52, R55, R56, R57, R58, L01, L02 It has metal jumpers instead of components in the following positions: R47, R48, R49, R50, D07, D08 Boards looked original and did not have any signs that it had been modified...
  9. cecilk

Ok - I see why I was confused - on my board R43 is in a slightly different location on the board (while being in an equivalent place in the circuit). I need to move the top pin of the resistor R43 to the left (hitherto unused) pin of where R55 is marked to go. Then put the fuse across the...
  10. cecilk

These photos are very helpful - thanks! That transparent cover seems rather essential to prevent contact with other components. I have heat shrink - any suggestions as to where to find that type of transparent cover material? Is that just a form of heat shrink? Or something thicker?
  11. cecilk

Serial number on this one is 826020180. February, 1976?
  12. cecilk

I am in the middle of a Sansui 8080 restoration - boards are all done. Now I'm going to perform the service modification as detailed in SSI-0004E Service Bulletin, which can be found on HiFiEngine. Got all the needed parts and I've read through the instructions a few times. Just had a few...
  13. cecilk

Large Filter Caps for Sansui 8080

UPDATE: Caps were installed. A Perfect fit! Thanks all!
  14. cecilk

Large Filter Caps for Sansui 8080

Wow, @moefuzz what great information - thank you! I was lucky enough to get this 8080 quite inexpensively from a guy moving out of town who needed to get rid of it. It needed some work but I've been very patiently and painstakingly restoring it one board at a time based on many of the excellent...
Back
Top Bottom