Recent content by chembot

1. C

Kenwood Basic C1 Preamplifier Restoration/Upgrade

Thanks, people! I will check Q1 and C47, but I also wanted to reference this earlier post that I had made. I had previously observed some corrosion on that very same diode (see attached pic)...could the glue on C47 have corroded D3 to cause failure? I thought I had heard some glues not playing...
  2. C

Hello (again), so a few months ago my c1 crapped out on. I put it off to the side and finally had some free time (too many kids) and it looks like D3 on the power supply board was fried...it looked remarkably a lot like what happened to another person's unit on Pg 13 if this thread. I've...
  3. C

Vinyl flattening services

100% success rate, very interesting Two questions: Did you verify the temperature inside your oven or did you just go with the oven settings. How much weight did you add to the top? i can't tell what is sitting on there...
  4. C

Just heard back from the proprietor of perfect vinyl forever. He said they're set up for bulk orders only. So you got to get at least 16 records cleaned and any flattening an additional $12. A 16-record cleaning runs anywhere from $120-$180. So unless anyone knows of another place, DIY is back...
  5. C

Thanks for the tip, I will try to get a hold of them!
  6. C

Yeah, I am ruling out diy due to a question of risk and I don't really want to pony up for a new one plus those killer shipping costs from Japan (usually, at least). If there was a more tried and true method to oven flattening, I might consider it but I've read that method sometimes works and...
  7. C

Hi All, This might a question that has been answered before, but are there any members who do vinyl flattening with some of these fancy options (orb or furutech) that are available these days. I've got a rare Japanese Jazz album that I just received with a pretty bad edge warp that launches...
  8. C

For those who own, or have owned, a Shure M91ED. Need stylus

So I am not sure what part number this thread was referencing on the VOTM site. The only Swiss EVG I see for the N91 is the 4761-D7. Is that the best one? Or the compatible 4760-DED for M75? Thanks!
  9. C

I got my C1 back from @rickl yesterday and listening to it yesterday and tonight (really for the first time in the condition that it is supposed to be in) I gotta say it sounds excellent!! I have yet to pair it with the M1 I have but running it through the Main In on my Yamaha CR-2020 (which...
  10. C

Yep, you've got it right. When I physically unplug the computer inputs from tape in and reconnect into the aux or tuner input and push the corresponding switch, the L channel drops out.
  11. C

OK, so I've been messing around with my C1 tonight; I was running it through my CR-2020 (via main in). I played some music through my DAC/computer and it turns out that it plays perfectly through both A and B Tape loops, but I only get the right channel to play when running it on the tuner and...
  12. C

@rickl I forgot you PM'd me a while ago about looking at it. I think the channel could be from a dirty switch and I will try messing around with it like you suggested. I guess not sure what you mean about the black foam blocks. Are you talking about the one that looked it was on the underside of...
  13. C

So coming back to this, I posted on some trouble I had with a missing left channel in my C1 back on page 12 and about 8 months ago. Like others here, I originally suspected a dirty relay so I replaced it but I saw no improvement. I did find that tape inputs did work with both channel but he...
  14. C

Stylus for Shure M91ED

I know this is an older thread, but the LPGear N91VL has recently been bumped up to $118. Does anyone think this Vividline is still worth that new price or should I just consider jumping to a Jico SAS at $195?
Back
Top Bottom