Recent content by Chipmunk

1. Chipmunk

DIY Vinyl Cleaning Machine with Rotary Brush.

Thanks for all who sent me mail about the Photobucket links expired. All photos are now moved to flickr which is more friendly. It took me a while to understand the new Audiokarma layout and function, its still very well organized, thanks again. Wish everyone found these photos and numbers...
  2. Chipmunk

Dear Kevin, Thank you for your message and compliment, I am sorry it was almost overlooked...

Dear Kevin, Thank you for your message and compliment, I am sorry it was almost overlooked. Chat over the phone will be great but I live in Hong Kong. But don't worry, please feel free to address any problem during your build, It will be my pleasure to share all I know. I think most...
  3. Chipmunk

Awesome surprise in vintage radio

Good job !! Cool like a bullet !
  4. Chipmunk

Dear Joe, I am sure you can build it too ! The machine was probably over designed or using too...

Dear Joe, I am sure you can build it too ! The machine was probably over designed or using too many components. If I could access to a milling machine, part number could be reduced and became more friendly to build. I tried using only pure distilled water too, but it did not work because...
  5. Chipmunk

DIY Vinyl Cleaning Machine with Rotary Brush.

I would like to appreciate everyone's nice comment again! Its been about 18 months now, the RCM is still running strong. The rotary brush last longer than I think, 3M really makes great stuffs. There were about 1000 LPs cleaned so far. I may have to brew my own cleaning solution or I will...
  6. Chipmunk

Homemade Turntable...

Brother, it is way beyond just a diy turntable, its a piece of art! Seems like it will sounds as good as it looks. Good Job. Frank.
  7. Chipmunk

oil damping?

it is how the damping system looks like on a Oracle Paris Turntable. The arm is actually an OEM Pro-ject 9cc carbon fiber arm with few addition parts. Oracle claims the oil damping system will optimize the stock arm potential. [photo by VinylEngine Moon Unit.]
  8. Chipmunk

Adele is a Filthy Girl

She was cleaner at 19...I mean the vinyl. I got the 21 vinyl sealed.... found finger print and dust all over the surface, even worst, the hole was off centre and smaller than the platter shaft.
  9. Chipmunk

Quad 57's in a Camry?

I brought my pair of 57 back by a small truck. Make sure you remove the small wooden legs. Wrap the speaker with a few layers of bubble paper to avoid damage to soft aluminum grill. I laid it flat on floor but put it upright on seat will be just fine. Power up a few hours for charging, then...
  10. Chipmunk

[BLIND TEST] 4 different kind of fuses with McIntosh preamp c2300

Its a good suggestion, I may try to do it agin with more audience. In fact, I agree no fuse is even better. We have to use British standard power system and receptacle here. Most of the audiophile have either removed the connector fuse or changed to IEC socket (even its illegal..) In most...
Back
Top Bottom