Recent content by Chosemerv

1. Chosemerv

Help with a structural vibration issue in a rental home.

This might be the best solution yet!
  2. Chosemerv

I actually laughed out loud when I looked at the Sapphires price. It's so beyond my budget that it may as well be 35k.
  3. Chosemerv

Yeah, I don't know if I'll be able to get that one past my significant other. She likes the system, but I know that she doesn't like it that much...
  4. Chosemerv

The mount is into studs. I thought about putting it on the wall between the front room and living room but the layout isn't really conducive to it. I'll likely be trying Vibrapods and perhaps switching to a glass shelf and will go from there. Thanks to everyone for your informative responses!
  5. Chosemerv

Thanks for the reply. The first floor and basement are the second unit so no joy on going down and doing anything. Our washer and dryer are in the kitchen at the back of the house, perhaps 50, 55 feet from the front room. When the washer is on rinse/spin cycle you can feel it through the floor...
  6. Chosemerv

Kinda partial to Pro-ject, and as of yet I'm not too familiar with SOTA. Wouldn't matter anyway because current funding levels preclude moving replacement of a perfectly fine sounding turntable past restoration of my Accuphase amp in cueue. But, I am open to turntable donations if you're...
  7. Chosemerv

Started off with a large teak table that I've used with my equipment for years in other spaces. Turntable was unplayable due to vibration basically all the time.
  8. Chosemerv

Second and third. This is the second floor. Interestingly enough this house was built in 1919, but the current owner had it completely renovated. Admittedly by some hacks. Not Hovnanian level rubbish, but you can come across more than a few things that demonstrate stupidity, greed, or a nice...
  9. Chosemerv

Greetings folks, So I have an interesting issue with vibration and I'm looking for some possible damping solutions. So as you can see from the pics my Technics sl1350 is wall mounted in my front room. The room is about 25x8. In the room you can jump off the sofa onto the floor and the...
  10. Chosemerv

What was the most expensive amp of each decade?

The Accuphase p-300 and c-200 I have were purchased new in '74 or'75 by my father. The p-300 was $750, and the c-200 was $600.
  11. Chosemerv

Turntable wall shelves at decent price?

Does this link work? https://www.lowellmfg.com/product-tag/fs18-20/ I just tried it from my iPad and phone and the link works, specs are there and purchase link. It is rated for 100 pounds. My turntable is about 30, but if it's mounted to studs or seriously burly drywall anchors I wouldn't be...
  12. Chosemerv

Turntable wall shelves at decent price?

I used this: https://www.lowellmfg.com/product-tag/fs18-20/ I purchased mine on eBay for $40 shipped. Flipped it over from what you see in the manufacturer pic, set a wooden shelf that I had from an old stereo stand on top to make it look a bit more presentable than just a large black metal...
  13. Chosemerv

Pics of your listening space

Thanks! Yeah, I'm thinking that too. I just wonder about all of the advancements made over the past 45 years in circuitry design, board materials,etc. It would be a while before I could financially make a move to something like a Parasound Halo level, so I'll have time after getting both pieces...
  14. Chosemerv

Pics of your listening space

Hey folks, I figured that I'd put my first post in this thread. Here's what I'm working with: Spendor FL6 speakers Technics sl 1350 turntable* Sony DVP-s555 (using as a transport) Cal Audio Labs Sigma II (Telefunken tube) Accuphase C-200 Accuphase P-300* Harmon Kardon HK870 Google Chromecast...
Back
Top Bottom