Recent content by Chris Durant

1. Chris Durant

Denon DL-110 ?

I read a review and if you use the correct settings there is no issue with using a MC Preamp, but we have the odds and ends to do it either way. Just wondering if anyone thinks its worth the investment, will it really sound better, deeper base, more detail, better high end ?
  2. Chris Durant

Denon DL-110 ?

So I finally got a descent new turntable, tried many vintage all with too many issues. Tried a U Turn nice for budget but drove me nuts having to jump up at end of playing. Now we have a Music Hall Classic. Works beautifully, looks beautiful to me, and came with a supposed $100.00 MM Cart. We...
  3. Chris Durant

Unsung receivers of the classic era

We have a few to play with and just recently did so. Some are quad but can be used in Stereo mode with a gain in power, in order of sound quality, same source and speakers on all listening. My son and I, mostly progressive rock with a little Linda R and Elvis thrown in for fun. Both Phono and...
  4. Chris Durant

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Kansas Somewhere to Elsewhere, Amazing good record. Listening on Triangle Borea 03 Speakers.
  5. Chris Durant

Suggestions for small floor standing speakers

Highly Recommend Wharfedale Diamond Towers, pretty sure last years models are on sale for in your price range here and there. They will sound great and be a much better buy and brand new than most vintage. My son and I have had many many brands in hand, old and new and the Wharfedale Diamonds...
  6. Chris Durant

Help! Omega 4” Midrange Drivers

Funny thing I got a set of these today, Omega 300 In near mint condition. I think they sound pretty darn good overall, kinda of shocking, I was expecting crap after reading other post here and there. I wonder if replacing or actually adding a real crossover from Parts Direct would make them...
  7. Chris Durant

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Sansui QR-4500 Receiver, Kef R3 Speakers, listening to Gundam Meguriai, Sounds fantastic.
  8. Chris Durant

And Today we have Technics / Magnat Fun

We hooked this up after years of no use, sounds great, still works, still all the lights, wow. We do have three sticky buttons, Best way to loosen up, De-oxit is it there something safer ?
  9. Chris Durant

Been Listening and Playing and what fun it is :-)

So we have been playing with the Pioneer SX-750 with the Kenwood 777 Speakers, Garrard SL95-B. Kinda funny it all sounds good, then I change the speakers to Wharfedale and man there 1/4 the size and so much better. My son also picked up a Technics SA-80 Receiver from our local amazing Hifi Shop...
  10. Chris Durant

Sherwood S-2225

I can not help with the manual, but wondered what this unit looks like, tried to google it, nothing came up at all ?
  11. Chris Durant

Kenwood KL-7090

Update, put on Carpenters with Royal Philharmonic, sounds really good, shocking even for a 50 Year old Speaker
  12. Chris Durant

Kenwood KL-7090

So I dug these out again, I love the way they look, I have a set in almost mint condition, with the Manual and all. Hooked up to Pioneer SX-780. Sound good on some things, but what the heck is the deal with that big woofer. There is very limited bass. Played some Avette Brothers, sounds...
  13. Chris Durant

Wow! Garrard Zero 100

I owned a Zero 92, Zero 100, Zero 2000 and GT-55, all worked well and I never had any issues when they were new say up to 7-10 years. Cant ask for much more. I still have the Zero 100 and it is a looker for sure, of course it is 45 or so years old and has all the gunk issues, but still plays a...
  14. Chris Durant

Wow! Garrard Zero 100

They sell brand new upgraded sleds on Ebay got one for my Zero 100
  15. Chris Durant

Does Anyone Even Want an Electric Car?

Absolutely no interest. They cost too much, On the ones that are semi affordable - lousy range, most are pretty uggo, Electric cost money too, have read most people that get one of these and charge at home have there electric bill double, Fire Hazards some of them, and they wont save the planet...
Back
Top Bottom