Recent content by convivialist

1. convivialist

La Scala Data for Serious Restorations

SHARE YOUR KLIPSCH LA SCALA PICTURES AND RESTORATION TIPS. I have a pair of 1975 Klipsch La Scala LS-BB in excellent condition. They have the original labels and electronics inside. The cabinets are nice. One K77 diaphragm needed replacement and sounds wonderful now. They are in a small room...
  2. convivialist

Ar-Xa tonearm rebuild

Thank you! I’ll check in to see if you find one.
  3. convivialist

Ar-Xa tonearm rebuild

Thank you! Actually, I’m looking for the screw that secures the tonearm pivot point. I’ve made one by grinding a point onto a screw with the correct thread. Seems to work. Was wondering: should I just use it as is or find an original?
  4. convivialist

Ar-Xa tonearm rebuild

Might you have an originalAR XA tonearm screw available for my XA?
  5. convivialist

Spendor SP1 user manual

Did you ever find the SP-1 manual? I have a pair and would like one as well. Thank you!
  6. convivialist

Audio Research D-350B - when is ginormous just too damn big?

I own an Audio Research (ARC) D350. It needs a couple of new modules and ARC has “bricked it” by not offering a solution or sharing schematics of the faulty modules. There is an overseas gentleman on the web who is selling these previously unobtainable proprietary modules - ARC1 and ARC2...
  7. convivialist

ARC no longer produces the modules for a whole series of it solid-state amps. I have an ARC D350...

ARC no longer produces the modules for a whole series of it solid-state amps. I have an ARC D350 that needs a couple of modules - ARC1 and ARC2. ARC has not been helpful with regard to providing the information needed to repair the amp; however, there is a gentleman overseas who makes the needed...
  8. convivialist

Steve Guttenberg Reviews MAC1500

I like Steve’s videos for reasons stated above, but he has a business model that may make it unwise for him to report a Mac unit from 1965 that costs less than most upper-mid-fi new units has better sound. Would current manufacturers and their reps be so gracious to him when he is looking for...
  9. convivialist

Infinity sm120

Alas, I'm now commenting 14 years later... As I write this opinion, I'm listening to Infinity Studio Monitor 120s with my wife. The amps are McIntosh MC75s (the original MC75s) with a McIntosh MX110 for pre. In this tube configuration, these efficient speakers sound great for classical and...
  10. convivialist

Mcintosh XRT-24 speakers

Above are some pics as you requested. By the way, the Joni Mitchell CD in pic 2 features one of my favorite paintings by her. The CD is classic JM, and the cover art features her with cigarette in hand. In some ways, it captures how I think of her. There's a joke by a comedian whose name I...
  11. convivialist

Mcintosh XRT-24 speakers

12. convivialist

Mcintosh XRT-24 speakers

Update as of 2019 regarding XRT24 speakers...I'm still loving them and recently decided to purchase an amplifier designed by McIntosh at the same time as the XRT24s and designed to be well suited to them. Among the last Sydney Cordelman amplifiers was the McIntosh MC7300 (i.e., features include...
  13. convivialist

Best Vintage Speaker Kickoff!

I have enjoyed the following immensely (in no particular order): -McIntosh XRT24 (Requires the correct amplifier pairing and care in placement) -IMF Model R (They love vintage tube amps.) -KEF Cantata (They love vintage tube amps.) -Honorable mention to AR1, AR3 (and AR1W when paired with...
  14. convivialist

Best Vintage Preamp

I own and enjoy a McIntosh MAC 4200 which I use as a preamp. I was going to trade "up" to a McIntosh C220 preamp. Alas, the MAC 4200 plus the McIntosh C7 is a wonderful preamp combo. With such a combination, I have remote control, LED L/R meter preamp readouts, a McIntosh phono stage, and a...
  15. convivialist

Need a McIntosh guru

What a beautiful child. Life's a great ride. Santé.
Back
Top Bottom