Recent content by Coryo

1. C

Philco J-1824 DW - need some help please

So I been following this project cause I have the same pull that I picked up from a friend. I thought it would be a easy task to go grab a few pics that may be helpful only to find out that it is packed in between some other amps. I did manage to grab a few pics. Let me know if they would be a...
  2. C

Yet another 800B

Just wanted to add that the passives used look alot like a J. Mcshane assembled kit. A well put together rebuild kit and a outstanding outcome from my experiences using them. I use Hayseed for the top can caps usually. You have a nice looking unit, enjoy..
  3. C

Pilot SA-232...Can it rock?

It is really important to have a closely matched quad. I use Mcshane,s EL84M,s. (No affliation) No problems afterwards. You can chase your tail trying to match up 4. It is a great tube and very reasonable priced.
  4. C

Pilot SA-232...Can it rock?

I rebuilt this SA-232 ground up, a couple years ago. It was pretty well baked when I found it in a console. Using a matched quad of Sovtek EL84M,s. Does it rock, absolutely. I recently rolled some speakers on it and it performed well on all of them. JBL L36, Dynaco A-10, Altec 601C, and B&O R60.2s.
  5. C

How do you solder can caps?

Definitely the way to go. I had this sitting in a box of old soldering irons I bought. Found them on a CL listing. I thought the Weller gun was gonna be the way to go. It did struggle. As last resort I tried the waffle iron looking thing. Worked like a charm. May be a little cumbersome. If in...
  6. C

Sherwood S8000

I really like the Hayseed products. I have used them on multiple units including 2 S8000. You also have good support if needed with Hayseed. Absolutely worth the price. They also show very well against the copper chassis. Hope this helps. (No affiliation)
  7. C

Sherwood S8000

8. C

Ranking vintage receivers? Those with better ears than I...

With all due respect there is always someone who pays no attention to the question asked and the interest behind it. Belittle was not part of it. Mcintosh did build the 1500 a hybrid and the 1700 also a hybrid, both are receivers. Ask Mr. Fisher or Mr. Scott about their budget and I think...
  9. C

A bunch of Fisher Allegro questions

I found these pics on a search of the speakers in the Allegro.
  10. C

Fisher and etc. electronics classes

I had some of the same books as kid. Still reference now and then.
  11. C

My apoligizes. Are shaft sizes different too? Can we move one of the knobs from tuner to the amp and use 2 of the bigger on the tuner if possible. When a smaller one comes up you can go back ti the original size.
  12. C

So what your saying is that the 400, 500, and 800 type knob is different than the Allegros? If so I may have made a boo boo...
  13. C

I believe all of the Fisher knobs are same size in that style. I will double check on my Allegro after I dig it out. I have never even got mine up and running. Once I pull it out I will throw it on the variac and take it's pulse. Need to know where to send to.
  14. C

Looks great. Marvin G. Just watched the the last 24 on his life. Sad way to go. Did you find a knob yet? I can probably find one if needed. Where is the pooch?
  15. C

I am now a proud owner of a Fisher Allegro

The videos are great. Cool little set up. It plays really well and the tt sounds like it is holding speed. If your looking for only the brights for knobs Anthony makes some really nice ones. I have purchase in the past and think they work well. Great guy to work with too. Knobs are standard...
Back
Top Bottom