Recent content by craigsc

1. craigsc

Mystery Turntable

Thank you all. Early Well Tempered makes sense. The guy who has it now inherited it from his current wife's deceased husband (or something like that) and is not an audiophile. I'm sure he doesn't recognize the cartridge is misaligned. Besides the Spicas which I already picked up, he has this...
  2. craigsc

Mystery Turntable

Picked up a pair of Spica TC-50s from a local and he had this turntable that he wanted to sell as well. He said there were no labels and I didn't want to pull it off his shelf to figure out. Any ideas what table and tonearm this is?
  3. craigsc

The Official SOTA Turntable Thread

Apologize in advance for asking some questions that are probably in here somewhere but here it goes. I do some turntable repairs here in Charleston, SC. Typically mid-level vintage or newer turntable kind of stuff. Recently someone brought me a SOTA with an Eminent Technologies 2 tonearm that...
  4. craigsc

Need a Picture of a Restored MAC 1900 Driver Board

Thank you! Do you have the right side of board also with Q402/404?
  5. craigsc

Need a Picture of a Restored MAC 1900 Driver Board

Picked up a MAC 1900 locally from an original owner who hadn’t used it in a long time. I bought without testing assuming I could fix whatever I found. Turns out it had the classic bad volume/on-off pot. Bought and installed a new one from McIntosh and found that one side has a bad driver...
  6. craigsc

Zero Bias on a Recapped Marantz 1060 - Give me some Ideas

So went back in and tested the transistors mentioned above that I hadn’t checked or replaced and they all were good. I went ahead and replaced the two trimmers, R729 and R730, and everything is working fine now. 15mv dialed in and no distortion. Should have replaced when I was in there the...
  7. craigsc

Zero Bias on a Recapped Marantz 1060 - Give me some Ideas

So I recently recapped a working 1060 based on threads here. This is my 5th 1060 and I just finished another one up last week. This one is for my son and was working when I picked it up at an estate sale. I went board by board and was finishing up with the 3 big caps and the P700 board. I...
  8. Pic10

Pic10

9. Pic4

Pic4

10. Pic7

Pic7

11. Pic8

Pic8

12. Pic1

Pic1

13. Pic2

Pic2