Recent content by Culpeper

1. Culpeper

Helping T. Miller sort out a system

What did you pick. We get excited when people buy new gear
  2. Culpeper

Helping T. Miller sort out a system

I nice pair of budget bookshelves. Just Google best bookshelf speakers.
  3. Culpeper

Vintage Radio Shack/Realistic Speakers?

Those are 7 ohms by design. You can't just drop in an 8 ohms and expect an improvement.
  4. Culpeper

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/realistic/nova-15.shtml
  5. Culpeper

That is the original part number on the woofer.
  6. Culpeper

Sansui SP2500 speakers

You better off with what you have plus they are asking too much. It is not just the caps on those crossovers that get old and squirrely
  7. Culpeper

SP1200, 1700, or 2500 Crossover Diagrams

I'm on the forums dealing with a related topic. If you mod these Sansui loudspeakers you may need to connect the mids and tweets in series rather than parallel. Otherwise, you may end up with a box rated at 2 ohms! Things like bypassing the original crossover and adding a different woofer...
  8. Culpeper

Specifications Question

@Doug G. I tried out your test and my HK amp's A + B switch operates parallel.
  9. Culpeper

Specifications Question

My OP was a hypothetical amp. For a real one I have an HK 3390 Mode:Continuous Average Power (FTC): 80 Watts per channel,20Hz – 20kHz,@ <0.07% THD,both channels driven into 8 ohms 100 Watts per channel,20Hz – 20kHz @ <0.2% THD,both channels driven into 4 ohms
  10. Culpeper

Specifications Question

Craig, wouldn't total impedance = 4 ohms per channel, which = 50W + 50W. I'm assuming the amp's speaker outputs for channel A and B are parallel. If that is the case, I think I answered my own question with your help.
  11. Culpeper

Specifications Question

Two channel Amp spec sheet states RMS 100W + 100W @8ohms The amp has a Speakers A + B switch. When running A + B at the same time (4 loudspeakers) does the RMS spec change to 50W + 50W + 50W +50W ?
  12. Culpeper

Sansui SP2500 speakers

Bottom is 700Hz.
  13. Culpeper

Sansui SP2500 speakers

The OEM setup is reverse polarity on the mids and highs and normal on the woofers. The woofer has the crossover built-in coupled with the port lengths and box size. The original playback was designed for R2R and vinyl playback. That is where you will get the best vintage sound. If you want...
  14. Culpeper

SP1200, 1700, or 2500 Crossover Diagrams

The OEM woofer rated @6 ohms was designed to cutoff without the aid of the external crossover. If you replace the OEM woofer you will most likely end up putting a filter before it.
  15. Culpeper

Sansui SP2500 speakers

The original crossover is choked to death and bypasses an old woofer. Like mentioned before, they were designed for obsolete frequency media. The inductors are not needed at all. The MCM woofer is perfect for this box sealed and choked first order. Midranges need a 22 uF cap and L-pad and...
Back
Top Bottom