currituckco
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• hi chris,

i'd rate the project a bit more advanced than beginner, but certainly possible for a patient beginner. i had to do some pretty serious metalwork, like relocating tube sockets and making large chassis holes, which was a pain in the neck for sure (but kind of fun). i think all of the schematic and mod info is in the thread - i didn't get any info from anywhere other than this forum. i think the amps sound great with that RCA circuit that i used, though i wish i had been more careful about the grounding scheme - i grounded all of the circuit grounds to the chassis, and i wish that i had made a ground bus with some isolation from the chassis to combat hum a little better. good luck with your project, it's definitely a worthy one.

post on the forum with questions - people here are more than happy to answer them.
    Hello. I have recently come across some Philco mono amplifiers that I am fairly sure are identical to the two that you had modded and discussed on this forum. I am curious if your opinion of them has altered any since your last post? Also, do you have any sort of schematic or notes on the changes you made that would help me mod my amps the same way? I am quite the novice when it comes to this sort of thing. I have never modded/built any electronics. Would you consider this project to be beyond a beginner's difficulty? Thanks for any answers you might have.

Chris
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom