damacman
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi, just came across your comment about putting a zapstrap around the SUT in a C100 preamp. I am about to buy one and want to relay the information to the seller. Can you describe a bit better how its being attached? Just wrap around the back end of the SUT to keep the parts from seperating, do I understand right? Thanks for you time
    Read a while back that you were looking at Krell FPB600, if so did you like and keep or sell and stay with Mc? I'm looking at a FPB600c, not sure I need 600W and 182lbs of amp...more inclined to stay with Mc given I am familiar and like the sound (thinking MC402 or MC452).
    damacman
    damacman
    I bought a mint KSA-300S, fully recapped and serviced. I'm not sure what to think of it...
    If you still have a RABOS kit i am very interested. i have been searching for a long time.
    Cool blown Olds!!! I miss my '68 442, '69 Cutlass (w/ 455ci engine), '72 442 W-30, and my '77 Cutlass. Long time Olds fan here, I do not recognize your grill, custom made perhaps?
    damacman
    damacman
    Thank you! The front clip is all glass ... Dick Miller Racing.
    Ok. I have been there many times myself. If I see you there in the future, will be sure to say hello.
    Damacman, you weren't by chance in North Peoria last week were you? I saw a car very similar to yours heading North bound.
    damacman
    damacman
    Nope - but I have been to the 67th and Bell show with it many times.
    A local tech is examining my sick Mc2300. I'll know more about it by next week...
    damacman
    damacman
    I saw that a while ago. It is indeed the correct part for the MC2600s. I did consider buying it but ultimately passed. Keep us posted!
    quartersaw
    quartersaw
    Yeah, I looked at the feedback, and thought: 'Oh, shit!' Well, I was thinkin' of 'ya, anyway.. :)
    Tony,
    The link below is for a Mc2600 Autoformer on the Bay. My unexplained failure of my Mc2300 has me searching for an Autoformer, and I came across this current auction, in case you want some 'insurance'
    Hi Damacman,

What do you have for hook up wire? Does it matter what I use for the Hafler powe amp? Mike
    Nice Olds you have there, beautiful!! My first car in 1982 was a 1970 442 W-30 with the 455 and a 400 turbo/4 speed Muncie and convertible top. She was medium blue with a Ivory top and medium blue deluxe interior , W-25 induction and white stripes.. fully loaded. Biggest mistake of my life was trading it for a 71 Judge. Currently I'm running a 1981 Corvette with a ZZ-430, 400 turbo and 3.73 gears. .
    I ham bee toying with my boat last ten years. The fuel injection on blower interests me. What sort of taps do you need on the haeders to get A/F mixture right. Right now my Holley is boost referenced and has been reliable only run 29 deg Advance on timing an 92 gas. . It seems most boat engine builders use slightly different rules for tolerancing, timing, and cam lift due to reversion to addree longevity since a boat stays on the pipe a long time vs a quarter. What books have you authored on performance? Right now I am at 4 to 5 psi in boost with a B and P 454 running forged internals. Some aluminum EMI marine headers and a 800 Holley. I had a 850 on it but it sucked and used to load up transom. With soot and docks were a nightmare.
    I ham bee toying with my boat last ten years. The fuel injection on blower interests me. What sort of taps do you need on the haeders to get A/F mixture right. Right now my Holley is boost referenced and has been reliable only run 29 deg Advance on timing an 92 gas. . It seems most boat engine builders use slightly different rules for tolerancing, timing, and cam lift due to reversion to addree longevity since a boat stays on the pipe a long time vs a quarter. What books have you authored on performance? Right now I am at 4 to 5 psi in boost with a B and P 454 running forged internals. Some aluminum EMI marine headers and a 800 Holley. I had a 850 on it but it sucked and used to load up transom. With soot and docks were a nightmare.
    Thanks! I'm a bit creeped out by connecting the two hot terminals, but that's what it sez...
    I'll have these babies singing together by this afternoon. -Should have a photo, or two as well.
    Hi, damacman!..A quick question: Any 'do's, or dont's' regarding strapping Mc2300's?
    Happy New Year! :)
    Hope all is well! Just wanted to fill you in on the good news and final resolution to my cracked face C2200. I immediately ordered the glass for $130 or so and began the daunting task of replacing it (which was not easy, I am going to make a post you can check it out LOL). In the mean time, started the claim process with UPS...Sure enough they approved it and wanted to send me a check for the $2100 it was insured for. Explaining to them it was irreplaceable I wanted to have it fixed, they said they needed an estimate for the repairs. A well known local tube and Mac technician made me out an estimate for nearly 500$ including the part. Sent it to UPS, they just sent me a check! woohoo. pretty bitchin. All in all it was well worth it :) Question is, do you think they would actually bring in that item after giving me the $2100 and destroy it??? I don't know! What a travesty that would've been. Take care,
    -Patrick
    All it takes to make an IDS-25 is some wood, some drivers, and a MQ-107 or MQ-108 and the magazine article.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom