Recent content by DangerBoy

1. DangerBoy

Can you help me identify this 8" Klipsch subwoofer driver?

The shop I got it at is a pretty high end family owned audio video shop with only one location that has been in business a few decades. They have an excellent reputation and with the market being so dominated by the big electronic chains, you don't stay in business as a Mom & Pop AV store unless...
  2. DangerBoy

While all that may be true, I don't want to be placing a driver that was only designed to work in a 50 or 100 watt sub into a 300 watt sub. It may not hold up so well. Also, I would like to know if it is one of Klipsch's better quality subwoofer drivers because if it's one of their lesser...
  3. DangerBoy

I have a 300W powered subwoofer that I accidentally blew the woofer on. I won't bother to explain how it happened but it was an accident and it ticked me off. I was going to replace it with a good used version of the same driver from eBay but then I came across a local Klipsch dealer selling...
  4. DangerBoy

Help! What's going on with this Panasonic Viera P65ZT60 Plasma?

He can't get to the menu to reset it to factory defaults. If it's just a loose cable or bad connection on the HDMI Input board or on some other board, it should be an easy fix and if it's the latter there is a trade-in service available on those boards so I could remove the board, send it into...
  5. DangerBoy

Really? I can see them in my post. I'll try inserting them another way. Can you see these?
  6. DangerBoy

I just recently put a deposit down on a Holy Grail 65" Panasonic ZT60 plasma that a guy was selling. He just called me to say he moved the TV downstairs and tried powering it up to verify it was still working and something strange happened. The thing powered up and he got the Studio Master Panel...
  7. DangerBoy

Budget 8-inch Powered Subwoofer Kit Recommendations

Thanks for the suggestion, Merdy. I'll check into those and read the reviews to see what people have to say. My budget is $200 USD max but something around $150 USD or even less is preferable if it's possible. I'm not averse to buying something used, in fact, I will probably try to do that so I...
  8. DangerBoy

Budget 8" Powered Subwoofer Recommendations?

Since it's just for my summer cabin and will only get used maybe a couple months a year, I'm thinking of a budget of at most $200 USD for the unit. I'm not averse to buying something used, in fact, I will probably try to do that so I can get the best sounding unit I can for the buck. I might be...
  9. DangerBoy

Budget 8" Powered Subwoofer Recommendations?

I recently picked up a Denon DM-41 mini system for my cabin. It's coming with the stock Denon speakers but I rather suspect I'll use my pair of modified PSB Image 2B speakers instead of the Denon speakers. The D-M41 is replacing a similar but older Panasonic mini system that I was using to...
  10. DangerBoy

Budget 8-inch Powered Subwoofer Kit Recommendations

I recently picked up a Denon DM-41 mini system for my cabin. It's coming with the stock Denon speakers but I rather suspect I'll use my pair of modified PSB Image 2B speakers instead of the Denon speakers. The D-M41 is replacing a similar but older Panasonic mini system that I was using to...
  11. DangerBoy

Anybody using high impedance headphones on an LG V40?

I have an LG V20 that doesn't work as a cell phone anymore but can still be used as a media streamer. My regular cell phone used to be an LG V35 until I lost it. Using their Quad DACs, both the V20 and V35 played at good volume into a pair of 600 ohm audiophile headphones that I like to use and...
  12. DangerBoy

Anyone ever use a non-Yamaha calibration mic on a Yamaha AVR?

Well, the story has a happy ending. I called around to a few locations of the electronics store (Visions) the machine was bought from asking if they might have one of those mics sitting on the shelf somewhere, leftover from a floor model that was sold without it. Third time was a charm. The...
  13. DangerBoy

Anyone ever use a non-Yamaha calibration mic on a Yamaha AVR?

I just picked up a good deal on a used 2018 Yamaha RX-V683 AV receiver. The seller had lost/misplaced the sound calibration microphone for it. The one for that machine is part no. WN649600. It's common to pretty much all Yammy RX-A and RX-V AVRs made in the last few years. I note that on this...
  14. DangerBoy

AVR Sound Calibration Mic Question

The old AVR that I had out at my cabin died and I'm on a tight budget these days so I replaced it with a second hand Yamaha RX-V683 that I got a pretty good deal on. The only problem was the guy didn't have the sound calibration microphone to give me so now I need one. Are those things brand...
  15. DangerBoy

Need help choosing between 3 Low-mid Range AV Receivers

Ended up buying the second hand Yamaha RX-V683 Got a pretty good deal on it but I had to take a pair of tower speakers and a center channel with it. They're cheap but okay. Got them up for sale on Kijiji for real cheap. Hopefully they'll sell quickly. If I can get a few bucks for them the deal...
Back
Top Bottom